Author Topic: None of the Default FH maps will appear in game!  (Read 835 times)

Offline kaileycat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
None of the Default FH maps will appear in game!
« on: October 24, 2015, 12:11:44 am »
Read this first: Ok I know I have brought this up before and not too long ago. And I know this apparently is being posted on a child's board, but I'm not dumb or a child. I know where everything is in my FH folder and whatnot. Last time when I asked for this, people just asked me if I had all the .fhm files and whatnot when I clearly did mention that I did. It was also recommended that I re-installed FH ...which I also clearly did. I've been using Windows 7 for a long time too, so I know that the issue isn't Windows 7. Windows 10 only has a slight bonus, but it's got some issues... I also can't switch rendering systems anymore, don't know why, but all I can use is Direct3D9. (Don't mean to be rude to those people who tried to help btw, I'm sure that you just thought that I was some clueless little kid or something and that you didn't pay much attention to what I typed on there, but I'm not exactly even a kid, I've basically passed that age by now) Thanks for reading this if you did.
Here's what I said last time: "The files for the maps are in my FH folder. I have tried deleting everything and re-installing, I have tried re-installing with the files, I have tried taking the FH folder from my laptop (working version) and I still get this issue: none of the map files are found. The only thing there is is the empty Watermill map at the title screen. Even when I'm choosing my character the place is just surrounded by pitch black nothingness... Anyone know how to fix this? I recently switched from Windows 10 to 7 so my computer was wiped and I have to redownload everything. I may have an important program missing."

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
Re: None of the Default FH maps will appear in game!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 12:40:14 am »
I encountered this problem when I first downloaded FH.
Lonely cave, Fluorite Plains, absolutely nothing was showing up. It was just my character in a void of nothingness.
After a week or so of it not working, I downloaded a second Feralheart alongside the one I already had. It ended up working just fine. I deleted the .exe that hadn't been working, and everything's been fine since. Maybe try this?

And just wanted to say that checking a childboard doesn't necessarily mean you're a kid! Just helps things stay a little more organized is all. c:

I hope everything works out in the end for you, floof <3
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 04:09:51 am »
Kailey has fixed the issue. Thankies f'er the help all. <3

The reason why was she had it in her Program Files (x86) and not in the local drive.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 02:35:18 pm »
Kailey has fixed the issue. Thankies f'er the help all. <3

The reason why was she had it in her Program Files (x86) and not in the local drive.
Thank you for letting us know.

I'll go ahead and lock this since the issue appears to have been solved. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.