Author Topic: Too many ads-solved  (Read 1683 times)

AutumnTheWulf

Too many ads-solved
« on: November 28, 2015, 05:34:17 pm »
Hey, so recently I've been having some issues with ads.
Or I should say, ads by Treasure Track.
Whenever I'm on forum or ANY other site they just keep blocking me from attempting to post a thread here on feral heart or they open new windows and it's so annoying but I have no idea what should I do and how to get rid of it? I tried restarting browser, re-downloading chrome and mozilla, deleting treasure track app (I somehow got it when I went on Last Moon's forum right before I registered on Feral Heart).
So please, if you know anything that could help write it here, thank you. It's blocking me from posting on Forum which I love and It's so interesting but I just get upset and give up from doing anything on the web.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 04:29:05 pm by AutumnTheWulf »

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
Re: Too many ads
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 07:07:00 pm »
Treasure track sounds a little suspicious, especially if you got it somehow, without your permission. Lemme look into it. I'll edit this post of mine with info that I find.
Edit 1: Treasure Track is malware.
Edit 2: Or rather, adware, that is installed when you install from free software on the internet from installers such as Cnet, Softsonic, or other third party installers.
Edit 3: To remove it, follow the instructions found near the bottom in blue text at this page according to your machine's needs.

Edit 4 (Final) : Source: Like the link above, malwaretips, a blog site that appears to be for helping get rid of viruses and malware.

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 07:16:23 pm by Greystar2000 »
Happy Pride Month!

AutumnTheWulf

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 07:40:20 pm »
Treasure track sounds a little suspicious, especially if you got it somehow, without your permission. Lemme look into it. I'll edit this post of mine with info that I find.
Edit 1: Treasure Track is malware.
Edit 2: Or rather, adware, that is installed when you install from free software on the internet from installers such as Cnet, Softsonic, or other third party installers.
Edit 3: To remove it, follow the instructions found near the bottom in blue text at this page according to your machine's needs.

Edit 4 (Final) : Source: Like the link above, malwaretips, a blog site that appears to be for helping get rid of viruses and malware.

I hope this helps.

Thank you so much! I'm following the instructions and hope for the best.

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 07:41:49 pm »
Glad I could help! If you ever see something installed that you never gave permission to, I suggest you look it up for the possibility of other forms of malware.
Happy Pride Month!

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 08:30:09 pm »
Best measure to get rid of adware and spyware and other junk on a computer:

1:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/download-free-portable.php
Download, run, clean out manually any program you know for CERTAIN is junk)

2:
https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
(Download, run and clean, takes care of junk and adware around your computer, once scan is done, restart your computer)

3:
https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_current/
(Download malwarebytes free, install, make SURE you untick for premium and just run free during install. Then start the program, update the database, then scan the computer, it takes care of most malware on your computer. Once done, restart computer)

4:
https://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/jrt/
(Download and run and just follow the instructions, once done you will be prompted to restart)

5: DO NOT click on ads or random download links you do not know what they're for and enjoy a junk free computer.

These are not all, but they're most of the tools I use within work to clean out messy computers and they tend to do a good job.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 08:32:41 pm »
Thank you for these links!
Happy Pride Month!

AutumnTheWulf

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 08:55:30 pm »
Thank you both for your help, I'm trying to fix it and I really hope It will work

AutumnTheWulf

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 10:08:26 pm »
Okay well, It looks like that for now I have 0 issues on Internet Explorer (which actually isn't slow at all and works perfectly fine I don't know why people don't like it xD )
I hope It stays that way tommorow and forever. Thank you once again both for your help! <3

Offline greystar

• Finest Floof
  • hhhahahahahhhh...
    • Greystar2000
    • Quinnbee-s
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 11:17:38 pm »
No problem!
(For me, internet explorer is really slow, this is a 2007 laptop so... XD)
Happy Pride Month!