Author Topic: Is it possible to "link" an official FH map to a self created map?  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Ultraviolence

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • ~Clumsy~
    • View Profile
First, just a quick apology if my subject was not understandable.
Second, another apology- if this has already been answered. I have checked a variety of pages on the Game Help section but could not find anything similar.

I have been workings on a simple map for some time, and have finally finished it.  :) So my only problem (-I hope) is creating a portal/gate(?) to Fluorite Plains. It may just not be possible all together, still I thought I'd ask.
I've seen other posts explaining NOT to use the display name but the map's actual name, so I have tried the following;

fhFluoritePlains.fhm

fhFluoritePlains

FluoritePlains.fhm

FluoritePlains

Thank you very much! ;) ;)
(Also, my bad if this is posted in the wrong section. I assumed this is where it would go.)

Wolfe Ane Ammack

Re: Is it possible to "link" an official FH map to a self created map?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 12:41:07 am »
From my information that I have with maps, you can only make a portal to Cape Of Distant Worlds. There is an option in the 'World' tab of your map, and the 'Has Portal [ ]' has to be checked. The coordinates below, are where you place the portal inside your map. To do that, all you have to do is go to the spot, look down, and write down the coordinates that show on the bottom right corner.

Hope I Helped.  ;D

Offline Ultraviolence

• Forum Newcomer
  • ~Clumsy~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2015, 01:33:05 am »
From my information that I have with maps, you can only make a portal to Cape Of Distant Worlds. There is an option in the 'World' tab of your map, and the 'Has Portal [ ]' has to be checked. The coordinates below, are where you place the portal inside your map. To do that, all you have to do is go to the spot, look down, and write down the coordinates that show on the bottom right corner.

Hope I Helped.  ;D

Thank you for the quick reply! <3
Yes, you helped very much. Especially with the coordinates.
Also, I guess it would be impossible to link FP to My "WoodDance" map, since FP doesn't already have a portal to WD- like the relation between The Cape and WD.
Makes sense, and thanks so much again!

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 04:23:06 am »
What you're asking about is possible, as I just tested it myself, but it brings the user to what I like to call a "separate dimension" of the public map.
I entered the public map through the private one I'd created only to realize that there was literally no one in FP despite what my friends' list said. There was absolutely no one, so -- I don't really recommend doing this unless you want to be in an empty FP lol.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline Ultraviolence

• Forum Newcomer
  • ~Clumsy~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 11:20:47 pm »
What you're asking about is possible, as I just tested it myself, but it brings the user to what I like to call a "separate dimension" of the public map.
I entered the public map through the private one I'd created only to realize that there was literally no one in FP despite what my friends' list said. There was absolutely no one, so -- I don't really recommend doing this unless you want to be in an empty FP lol.

Ah, I see. Thanks as well for the answer! That's actually pretty funny, good to know though-that's not at all what I wanted. X,D But still very interesting "separate dimension". c: