Author Topic: Two Mapping Questions  (Read 833 times)

Offline RaventheVerewolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Thanks to EpicWolfie for av
    • View Profile
Two Mapping Questions
« on: December 10, 2015, 02:23:11 pm »
Hello!

I have two questions regarding map making today.

1:
I want to change the sky (Not just it's color) and moon for just one map I'm making. How do I go about doing that?

2:
No matter how much I blur and blend, my maps still come out all lumpy instead of smooth. Any tips on making my land less lumpy?

Thanks!
~Raven
Thank you so much to babystrit for my awesome sig

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Two Mapping Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 04:22:49 pm »
1. To modify the moon, ye must first find the original texture, which should be located in the textures folder in the FH Media folder. I'm not exactly sure what it's called, but once ye find that, save a copy-in case ye ever wish to return to that style-and edit the file in GIMP. Make sure to include y'er modified moon texture with y'er map download, so others will be able to see it. Changing the sky color can be done in the Sky Maker.

2. As f'er making the map less blocky, ye just 'ave to really blend it well. If white is surrounded by a dark gray or black, 'twill more than likely end up blocky 'round the edges due to the high contrast. There will not be much ye can do if that is the problem at hand. Colors that are close in shade blend better and appear smooth in-game, more so than that of light and dark shades put close t'gether.

If ye 'ave any more questions 'bout this, feel free to let me know. I'd be happy to go into further depth.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

-WhereSunRises-

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 04:31:53 pm »
Hello!

I have two questions regarding map making today.

1:
I want to change the sky (Not just it's color) and moon for just one map I'm making. How do I go about doing that?

2:
No matter how much I blur and blend, my maps still come out all lumpy instead of smooth. Any tips on making my land less lumpy?

Thanks!
~Raven

About that moon... Your moon texture is located in media/textures. You can always change it, I just reccomend you making a back-up file of original in case you would want it back. But sadly, In FH, you can't have certain moon texture just for one map :/ If you would change it, It would simply change the moon in whole game, in all maps. There is not such possiblity to pick textures sadly.... And about that map thing, I think Enoki explained very well :)

Offline RaventheVerewolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Thanks to EpicWolfie for av
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 08:36:33 pm »
Ok, thank you both very much!
Thank you so much to babystrit for my awesome sig