Author Topic: Game won't start? (Feralheart.exe has stopped working)  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Kitsunez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • wow i rly like cats uwu
    • lucipurrfection
    • vaarusk
    • View Profile
Game won't start? (Feralheart.exe has stopped working)
« on: January 17, 2016, 03:06:52 am »
I recently exported a map and used particles. Thing is, I deleted all the _0 files in my_objects and the particles folder. It still won't start. Any ideas that don't involve deleting fh?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 03:08:32 am by Kitsunez »

Profile picture by kirani100 of FeralHeart
Signature by .Badlands. of FeralHeart

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Game won't start? (Feralheart.exe has stopped working)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 06:03:17 am »
When you exported the map, did you click the screen while the game was sorting through all the files? If so, this can cause crashing issues for some people, me included. If this is what happened then I'd back up all your important files and uninstall/reinstall FH

If that's not the case, then go through your particles folder and make sure that you've deleted every file that ends in _0, _1, etc. I would even go as far to see if your own map's sky/weather/cycle files are causing the problem and to try deleting them (just be sure to save them somewhere!) I hope at least one of these suggestions works out for you
Farewell everyone<3

Offline marvelsterian

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 03:29:50 pm »
Try out what has been suggested above and get rid of all the files ending with _0, _1, _2, ect. Should your game still spaz out after this, try this link:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=44252.0
Here you can find all the default files. As in case it still is not working after doing as suggested above, you might want to try and replace your files with the default ones. Possibly a bug that somewhat messed up the coding.

Offline PartyyRockinn

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • stay hungry
    • littlelavi
    • lvstbites
    • satansoffspring
    • amitycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 05:47:17 pm »
I'm not sure exactly how to fix this problem, however, I can tell you what I've experienced. Everytime the game does this to me I have to reinstall because I can never find a way to fix it.
Also, in the future when you're making maps, I suggest downloading another FeralHeart and naming the folder something else such as "FH" or "FeralHeart2" and creating your maps on there instead of the game you play on. This helps so that you don't have to completely start over if it comes down to reinstalling the game. It's also easier since your exports will have nothing in them so when you export the map you'll be able to only see the files that you have just exported from the map you created!
Hope this helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
FH Username: PartyyRockinn
Sig by SHRINES on dA
Icon by prospecte on dA