Author Topic: fursona  (Read 2535 times)

Offline RoseUnluckiest

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Ok...
    • View Profile
    • youtube
fursona
« on: January 22, 2016, 02:56:32 am »
HELP i would like some help making a Fursona all help will be greatly appreciated 
thanks and ill catch you on the flip side..
http://i.imgur.com/XTalieJ.gif

Preach

Re: fursona
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 03:15:33 am »
Well, try describing what kind of species your fursona will be. Is it going to be a Feline or canine. Also, don't forget about its markings or fur color. Another helpful thing, is to look for any adoptables; you can find plenty of  devainart. Some are even nice enough to make you a custom design character.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 03:55:02 am »
Another thing you may want to think about is what will your fursona's personality be linked to? For instance, some people who's fursonas are wise may use some white in their character's design, or an ambitious fursona may have fiery colors in their design.

This part's entirely optional, of course.

But one of the first things you have to do is name them!
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 03:26:13 am »
I'll move this over to the Characters board as it looks like you're referring to a fursona character for the game. In addition to names and markings for your desired character, you could also add a bit of history to your character's backstory. It's quite optional, but if you're looking to use your fursona in a roleplay in the future, it could prove to be quite helpful.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 04:37:22 pm »
Well, start out with developing a personality for them. Are they sweet? Are they mean? Give them multiple personality traits, some of which can be unrelated or silly quirks. Next, give them a backstory. Why are they sweet? Why are they mean? Give their personality some justice, so you can have a reason for your character being the way they are. If your character is a pup/cub/kit/fawn/foal, make sure that as you roleplay them into an adult the major events somehow change their personality. Say if they were captured by a rival group in your roleplay, I would roleplay my character becoming much more untrusting. Lastly, create them a design that compliments their personality, but don't make it cliche. If they're sweet, give them lighter colours. If they're an antihero, give them darker colours. Just don't make a sweet character pink or light blue, try white or light greys instead. Instead of making anti heroes black and red, try dark grey and purple.

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 06:44:03 pm »
When I make a character/fursona, I tend to base off of things I enjoy, such as my fursona, Likuu, she happens to be my favorite colors, and a mixture of a feline species and a goat, thus why she has goat horns, goat eyes, etc.

Try to think of what you like most, favorite animals, colors, and come up with designs mentally then throw them into a lineart or character creator in-game.

I tend to use preset making when coming up with designs, but also look at real life designs, animals, colors, etc.
artwork by dehvina

Offline Tessel.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 54
  • and this time, we're gonna get funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 09:50:24 pm »
I'm sure you've got all the help you need by now, but I still feel like saying how I personally make my fursonas for anyone else that needs it.

First, I always start with what kind of animal I want to make it. You don't have to stick with just felines or canines because those are the most popular. Go with whatever you want! For me, I either make mine felines, dragons or some form of hybrid. After doing that, I pick a gender.
Before I start designing their look, I think of a personality. This is good to start before actually colouring, because the colours can be based off of what type of character traits they have. An example of this is if they are evil. Darker colours seem to be more suitable. If they are gentle or shy, having pastel or light colours may fit. This can go for either a realistic character or unrealistic.
You can also base your fursona off yourself and how you are in real life. But, this is personal preference, so don't feel compelled to do that if ya don't want to.
Once you have that, go crazy! Add markings, a mane, whatever! Try to make it your own unique design by adding different specific details. Find colours that work nicely together and are pleasing to look at. Feel free to add items too. And if you plan on making art of your character, it may be best that you have a look that you are able to draw and it's not too complicated for you. Again, this is personal preference. c:
Oh, and don't forget a name! I usually do this after designing them, that way I can find a name that fits.
Now that you're done all of this, BAM! You got yourself a fursona. Do whatever you wish with them.
I hope these all helped ya. c:

Siggy and avi by me. PM me if you need anything, friends.