Author Topic: No Proxies Error  (Read 1343 times)

Offline saltyvampire

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
No Proxies Error
« on: February 11, 2016, 08:07:35 am »
Alright so, for the longest time I've been playing FH just fine on Comcast with this modem I have. Now all of a sudden I'm getting a "No proxies here" error that's keeping me from logging in (or apparently even using the search or preview functions on the forums??). None of the settings for the modem have been changed recently and I've restarted it twice, reset my browser's (Chrome) settings, made sure that LAN proxy settings were off and even tried seeing if Comcast is using an invisible proxy (they might be? I did some research and some geeky forums about internet stuff seem to suggest so) by signing into an actual proxy and having it ignore the address for FH's website. Notably, it looks like if you try https:// instead of http://, it corrects it to http:// anyhow, so that's no help. (I'd read that the caching thing the proxy apparently does could possibly be bypassed because it wouldn't try to pull an archived copy if you used https://... or something like that. I don't exactly remember.)
I even tried getting into the modem/router's settings and turning off its firewall momentarily to see if that would fix it, but sadly, that was a no also. I guess I'll try one or two more things with the modem/router to see if that does it.

I figure it has to be the modem, because I tried logging in through my tablet and it gave me the same error. This only started occurring after a recent visit from a Comcast tech guy, supposedly to fix this other problem we've been having with the modem. Except all he did was replace one wire... I wonder if the old one was maybe interfering with the proxy before...?

I've tried everything I could find on the issue (within the first 5/6 pages of this sub-board), but none of them have helped. This issue is... very frustrating. I've been playing FH for years. And on the new login page since it came out with no issues.
Any suggestions on how it might be fixed...? Or do you think it might be a false error?

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: No Proxies Error
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 09:06:48 am »
You're not alone on this. I have been getting the same thing every now and then.

I use my mobile phone's hotspot and sometimes I get the 'No Proxies Error' myself sometimes , Not as frequent but it still happens , unexpected too & I'll be still using my mobile hotspot. . . . I've switched over ( between different mobile hotspots , internet, whatever you want to call it ) and the issue will either still be there or it'll go away. I've looked this issue up myself and my friends suggested I did what you've already done ( checking the settings , LAN Proxy , etc ) and even then it doesn't help. I think it could be just a false error a very small bug with the signal of sorts because sometimes it can last for a few hours before everything happens again. Not entirely sure if this is something that should be alarmed about , but that's what I think. Of course , I could be wrong and someone might have a better explanation for this.

So heads and tails on this one, could be site itself , the internet , or simply both. Just be patient with it and the issue might go away eventually. If restarting the modem , internet .... doesn't help then as stated before , get help or simply be patient.
Hope this helped a little.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:13:18 am by Hakumi »

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline saltyvampire

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 09:25:59 am »
It's nice to have some sort of answer at least... Unfortunately, I can't use a cellphone's hotspot, because I don't have one (I know, that's a little weird by today's standards .x.). I've had the issue for... well, two or three days or more, although the Comcast tech visit was a week ago and I was taking a short break, so I didn't notice 'til just recent.
I hope it goes away... I'd hate to be stuck locked out of FH forever. .n.

Oh hey. I just noticed something. It doesn't fix my problem, exactly, but it is a workaround. Comcast has this hotspot thing they do. I tried connecting to that instead and that allows me to connect?? Maybe it really is the modem. Interesting. Needless to say, the main problem isn't fixed, still, because it's not a permanent solution, but it is something. Thanks for reminding me that the hotspot was an option, Hakumi.

EDIT: Curiously, my second post, posted under the hotspot, has a different IP address from that first post.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 09:27:47 am by NecroBite »

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 09:31:11 am »
Not a problem~!
And I'm glad that it's at least working to some standards and it's not weird that you don't have a cellular hotspot. I only have one because I don't really 'have' an actual internet yet. But I'm glad the info helped you out a little.
My advice though, is to keep looking into this, I'm still looking into this myself , as well as checking with your internet provider.
Wish you luck though, Necro ^^

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Likuu

• -- strawberry banana
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 65
  • 𝑜𝓇𝒸𝒽𝒾𝒹
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 03:19:28 pm »
I've had this issue before, I tried seeing if it had anything to do with my settings in my google chrome & firefox browsers but anything I did didn't really work.

I left it alone for the night or so and it just randomly began working again the next day. Maybe it'll be the same case for you, and I hope it'll work again for ya soon.

Try checking this thread to see if any of the solutions people gave me will help?
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=54402.0
artwork by dehvina