Author Topic: Mac crashing  (Read 583 times)

Offline narrowedcateyes

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Mac crashing
« on: February 15, 2016, 03:57:36 pm »
   Alright, so my MacBook Air has had many problems lately. The whole hacking deal hasn't gone over well with my computer, but I don't blame anyone for that, you guys are doing your best, but I've had A LOT of crashing lately. This has happened before, but I'm going to try to go in depth of what's happening so you can get a better idea of what's going on. My character can only go to the cave, ya know, the starting place where you're all alone? I can't leave or go anywhere else, not ascension island, not south pole, not the cape. I can't leave without crashing. I can't exactly remember whether it says a message before crashing, or if it just crashes, but i think it may be a mixture of both. Also, big fact i forgot to say earlier, my quality has gone down DRASTICALLY, all of the buttons are grainy and everything looks terrible. I fixed this before, but i can't remember how, and i don't remember if i found a thread or a website that told me how. I know I had to go into wine and select something. If you know anything regarding this problem, or you think you may have a way to fix it, please contact me. I have tried restarting my computer as well as trying different characters, but I'm not down for deleting fh because I'm pretty sure I didn't have to delete anything and I fixed it, somehow. Thank you though, for taking the time to read this, and thank you so much for any help that I receive.  ALSO: I am not very tech savvy, so this is about my limit computer wise.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 04:02:24 pm by Mckinley »

Offline narrowedcateyes

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mac crashing
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 05:30:19 pm »
YES! I finally figured it out! It was literally right in front of me though ;u; thank god i figured it out. For others who may have the same problem in the future, all you have to do is start up fh and stay on the homepage, click options, go to the "Video" tab, go to rendering subsystem if it isn't already highlighted, and choose OpenGL. If this doesn't work, then i've got nothing. I'm really happy I figured this out though, once again, thank you for reading c:

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 05:47:57 pm »
Glad to hear you managed to solve your problem. <3

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 06:08:35 pm »
Locking this since the issue was solved. Nice job on figuring it out! ^^
Farewell everyone<3