Author Topic: When will the staff go back to the old log-in system?  (Read 1634 times)

Offline AtlanticPuffin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
When will the staff go back to the old log-in system?
« on: March 02, 2016, 10:43:01 pm »
It has been around 3+ months since the hackers have attacked Feral-Heart and I was just wondering why are they still keeping on that new log-in system. I've seen a major population loss and I could possibly think that people are still trying to log in the normal way. Long story short, when will they take that off and why haven't they taken it off yet?
So, you want to create your own lion pride, fight others for territory and manage your cubs and lionesses? If so, join Lioden!, the game where you start your own pride and fight for your cubs and lions!
If interested, go here: http://lioden.com/register.php?r=82186
In-game name: AtlanticPuffin.
Where to find me: Bonfire Island.

Offline CosmoFursi

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • . steal my starbucks and i'll steal your soul
    • SSFireWolf
    • channel/UC4pX64nRbfEuRcBaNlVxlJw
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: When will the staff go back to the old log-in system?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 10:45:47 pm »
Well, the staff are still trying to sort things out currently, so they can't exactly return to the normal thing yet. Also, I believe it's for security reasons.

Staff can explain it better, but this is what I understand about all this.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 10:49:34 pm »
Adding on to what Fire already said,
Staff is indeed doing everything they can and it takes more time and patience before anything can be close to 'normal' again. The login system is hear to stay until further notice and most are pretty content that they can still play the game.
Pretty much better than nothing at this point and it takes a lot of effort and teamwork to make sure everything is running at least remotely smoothly.
Not sure if this is a very good thing to discuss and all, but if you have any other concerns and questions about the system, you can shoot a PM to a staff and I'm sure they'll provide some more information about it. I also recommend checking out the thread that was made regarding to the issue. You can access it by clicking the 'Click Here' at the top of the page. It should work. ^^

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 10:57:17 pm »
To sum it up as best as possible, the log-in page is here to stay for the time being. Reasoning is that it's safer with the page rather than without it.

There has been some speculation about whether or not we will be permanently keeping the log-in page, and so far, it looks like it's here to stay. It's understandable that it can be tiresome and frustrating to keep the page open, but if you are not happy with the new security option, there are plenty of other games out there that won't hassle you with this function. We want everyone to be able to log in successfully and play the game, but if you are experiencing issues keeping the game open and refreshing the page, I would highly recommend taking a look over at the Help Boards-- there is usually always at least one user who is willing to lend a hand.

As it has already been explained before, the log-in page won't be going away anytime soon. It's simply too early to say whether we will be able to install other options, but this is the most reliable option that we have at the moment. The log-in page doesn't have to be your enemy-- it's there for your protection and our main priority is keeping folks safe.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2016, 05:31:08 pm »
That one page is what keeps the "hacking" from happening again, and keeps ill people out from abusing the game client in the ways previously seen.

Without the extra login page(security measure) there's no point in having FeralHeart online since every second of every minute of every hour of every day, it would be just be possible to cause havoc and confusion on the game. This is the one and only reason why the page exists today and why it's still there, to make sure the game can run by itself without having people trying to turn it upside down by going on accounts that aren't theirs in the game or stretching out characters in ways not allowed by the client normally.

As Warriorstrike mentioned earlier, as of the looks right now it's here to stay, and it's being kept to prevent it from happening again.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline AtlanticPuffin

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 07:40:06 pm »
Thank you for the replies guys. I now understand.
So, you want to create your own lion pride, fight others for territory and manage your cubs and lionesses? If so, join Lioden!, the game where you start your own pride and fight for your cubs and lions!
If interested, go here: http://lioden.com/register.php?r=82186
In-game name: AtlanticPuffin.
Where to find me: Bonfire Island.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2016, 07:40:41 pm »
I'll go ahead and lock this topic then ^^