Author Topic: A quick question about modding the game animations  (Read 952 times)

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
A quick question about modding the game animations
« on: March 09, 2016, 07:59:03 am »
Yoyo

For about a few months I've been gradually working on my own animations for the game seeing as everyone else seems to be releasing theirs for others to use and I just thought I'd jump right into the boat with them even though I didn't know what the strawberry poptart I was doing! Got the .blend files of the character models, followed Ruby's tutorial on getting Python to register with Blender and followed Jayfeather's tutorial on getting the Ogre exporter to work so recently I've been able to test them in game. There, just seems to be one slight problem...

The canine's model is warping with the animations and looks rather funky.

Would anyone in all the possibility of everything know why this is happening, and maybe even how to fix it? Or is there just no way around it? When in Blender, the model looks absolutely fine, no warping or weird shaping (other than posing it so it doesn't look weird or painfully unnatural) whatsoever. Even after reopening the original .blend file of the canine model and exporting it as it was (that would be with the original animations the game came with) the model warps when testing in game once it's been converted into the file the game needs to read for it to work. I'll provide a screenshot of what I mean if asked.

Thanks.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: A quick question about modding the game animations
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 12:16:25 am »
Hm, a little hard to see what's happening with the canine model. Mind posting a screenshot please?
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 12:30:43 am »
I've tried to fix the model warping problem, we're (Goldchocobo and I) are not entirely sure what's wrong.
You'll just have to deal with it like the rest of us until someone can figure it out..
It's one of the main reasons I stuck with the feline model lol.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 02:31:42 am »
Going off of what Tailgate has said:

The only real way to fix the warping of the FH canine model would be, remodel and start from scratch. If you still want to make canine animations, maybe adjust the bones a bit till they look a bit less warped? Haven't really played with the blenders myself.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2016, 09:06:27 am »
Oi, I was afraid that'd be the answer and no detours. I'm beginning to think that it might be the Ogre exporter itself, seeing how it even warps the original animations. So either there's a special setting or some sort of script we're missing. Guess we'll know for certain once someone hopefully finds the answer.

Strangely it seems only the back legs and that half of the character model are warped, but the front half remains the same. Because Kiki asked, here's a screenshot of what I mean in case anyone else is curious, but unless there's solid a way to fix it and someone knows I don't think this topic could be answered any further.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 11:07:46 pm »
I recognize that from every custom canine animation I've downloaded o.e As stated above, I don't think there's any possible way to fix it right now
Farewell everyone<3