Author Topic: Is this an issue?  (Read 827 times)

TheBigBadWolfy

Is this an issue?
« on: April 16, 2016, 09:49:30 pm »
I'm not entirely sure if this is an actual issue, or if I'm just going insane, but I'll leave this here for better judgement.
I'm starting to think that my game is missing some content. Within all the maps, there's areas that are just completely baron and void of any life or meshes. Don't get me wrong, I've been playing this game for a long, long time, but I've never, ever noticed this? It doesn't bother me for South Pole, since uh, it would make sense that there's no meshes there. But there's just random spots on the other public maps that are just dead, so I'm wondering if I'm missing some tree meshes that would go here?

Here are some screenshots, I've kept the map open so you can see the locations.

Are there any files I'm missing? Or maybe an update I missed out on? I've only gotten back into this game after three years, so I feel like I'm missing something.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Is this an issue?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 09:53:22 pm »
No I don't think you're missing any meshes because some of the spots are empty, and they are suppose to be that way. But if you feel bothered by it, maybe try reinstalling the game and see if that helps. :)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 10:03:54 pm »
Fluorite like you're showing there has been pretty much the same since the game got released.

No need to worry since these spots look the same for everyone where there's no meshes placed. The decision of this is not fully known however, whether it be due to time restraints before the game was released, considered too demanding for the map itself and meshes had to be cut down on or whatever the reason might be.

Does give off an odd feel but not much that can be done about it at this point in time, and your game is all fine and dandy.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

TheBigBadWolfy

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 10:13:35 pm »
Aye, thanks for the feedback, Red.
And I see, I suppose my mind was just playing tricks on me to which I thought there was actually something in these areas before. Either way, thanks for clearing that up. Do you reckon there will be some sort of patch or mod for this in the future? It would be nice to see these baron areas filled up, and maybe add some more meshes to existing areas.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 01:37:05 am »
Cannot give and direct answers at this point in time.

But if the chance is given we'd of course like to see things cleaned up or made pretty in the future, but due to the current situation of the game and how thing has been we cannot promise anything to anyone. We just run and take care of the game for others to play really.

I guess I will lock this thread since it's also solved/answered.
Former community manager of FeralHeart