Author Topic: Some Items aren't showing up  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Recruit.er

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Some Items aren't showing up
« on: April 04, 2016, 09:35:59 pm »
Some of my items aren't showing when I look for them in tab IV. I tried redownloading fh and redownloading legendary items. All of the items are there in the items folder and in the items.cfg. Some just don't show. Do y'all know a way to fix this?

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
Re: Some Items aren't showing up
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 09:42:49 pm »
I had the exact same problem when I tried to download items.
Legendary does come with instructions. You have to click through the folders in the download until you come upon one labeled "items". These are all the meshes and textures for the items. Export all of these files to FeralHeart>media>items. Load up your FH and try again. If you'd like some screenshots, I'd be plenty happy to send some. Hope this helps!

Offline Recruit.er

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 09:55:25 pm »
I am pretty sure that is just the regular you set that folder up. If I have you mistaken, please send screenshots.

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 10:12:04 pm »
Very certain that it's something with where you installed the actual item files, since you can see the list of items your config file for the items is placed correctly and found by the game, but the game itself is unable to find the very items(mesh and material files) and therefore nothing shows up on your character when you choose an item.

If your FeralHeart is installed on the default location, ALL item files except the items.cfg should go into "C:\FeralHeart\media\items". If you go to this folder and see that you have indeed placed everything in there, there's one more thing you could check.

Go to the main FeralHeart folder(C:\FeralHeart) and look for "Resources.cfg", and open it with notepad. On the very bottom of the config it should say:

[Items]
FileSystem=media/items

If it doesn't, go ahead and add this to your config file, save the changes and then close it.

If you still are unable to see them it's simply that you are just doing it wrong lol, things like maybe having 2 instances of FeralHeart installed on your computer and mixing up which one got what installed or something other derpy like that. But the two things above is and should be the only things it could ever be, taking for granted that you install it as it should be installed.

Offline akkaru

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 08:49:15 pm »
I am pretty sure that is just the regular you set that folder up. If I have you mistaken, please send screenshots.

Hey.. I can't message you back, I get an error with your name. PM me your email if you get this.