Author Topic: Maps wont work  (Read 681 times)

Offline Slashlight

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Toxicthewolf9's rp/fandom account
    • View Profile
Maps wont work
« on: June 16, 2016, 01:00:02 pm »
So, I've redownloaded the update, and I added some of my maps back in... and now I can't edit them with Map Maker!
Oh, and now I can't play as a character that is in the map!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:02:03 pm by Slashlightwinter »

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
Re: Maps wont work
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 01:57:05 pm »
If it is a finished and exported map, then make sure you are putting all the files into the exports folder. Also, you can get your character out of the map by logging in here to the site and going to the user panel, clicking reset home, and then go home. I am unsure of whether or not you are able to get unfinished maps back into the game with the new addition of meshes an all, but you could always give it a try by making sure you put all the files associated with the in progress map in the folders they belong too. Exported files will not work here, they have to be the raw unexported ones, such as the height map, terrain mask, etc.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Slashlight

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Toxicthewolf9's rp/fandom account
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 03:18:57 pm »
If it is a finished and exported map, then make sure you are putting all the files into the exports folder. Also, you can get your character out of the map by logging in here to the site and going to the user panel, clicking reset home, and then go home. I am unsure of whether or not you are able to get unfinished maps back into the game with the new addition of meshes an all, but you could always give it a try by making sure you put all the files associated with the in progress map in the folders they belong too. Exported files will not work here, they have to be the raw unexported ones, such as the height map, terrain mask, etc.

Oh Im using the new meshes. It worked fine before I deleted the export for one map cause I couldn't export it again

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 06:21:10 pm »
Hm, so you mean you deleted things out of your exports folder and now nothing will work in map maker? Perhaps you make have accidentally deleted certain files that were important to those maps you are trying to load in the map maker?
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.