Poll

Booting issues are more of a problem now than they ever were in past years. Reverting back to not needing the FeralHeart window open should and would help prevent this.

Revert back to not needing to keep the internet window open
6 (40%)
Keep game as is
9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: In regards to keeping the internet window open during gameplay:  (Read 2179 times)

Kazul

This issue needs to be resolved and fixed. Though some claim that they themselves never have issues, I have found that quite a large majority DOES have problems with frequent bootings.

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: In regards to keeping the internet window open during gameplay:
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 03:06:38 pm »
Although I do agree that it would be nice to not have the hassle of openin' the login page; do keep in mind that it's there for a reason. Last November, there was a pretty nasty hackin' of our beloved game, so the staff implemented the page, on top of other measures, in an attempt to prevent another hack, DDoS attacks and other baddies.

As for the issues with the page, there are some solutions that many people either do not know about, or simply choose not to do. I don't really see a need for purging the login page.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 03:09:49 pm »
Although I do agree that it would be nice to not have the hassle of openin' the login page; do keep in mind that it's there for a reason. Last November, there was a pretty nasty hackin' of our beloved game, so the staff implemented the page, on top of other measures, in an attempt to prevent another hack, DDoS attacks and other baddies.

As for the issues with the page, there are some solutions that many people either do not know about, or simply choose not to do. I don't really see a need for purging the login page.

Agreed. It might be a pain in the butt to deal with sometimes but it at least decreases the chances of hackers by some.
vanitas · he/they/it/fae

Offline SteampunkWolfdog

• That British Snob
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 157
    • ClockworkCarnivore
    • felislupus
    • @charliehowls2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 05:36:29 pm »
I understand it's frustrating, even I get annoyed with it sometimes. But as the others pointed out, it's there for a good reason and it's what we've got to put up with at the present time.

Preset (Updated 3/1/17)

(Formerly SpiritSilverWolf)

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 08:04:35 pm »
Honestly for me, I would much rather fight that login page rather than have the threat of having my account messed with. It is a pain, yes, but it is there for the greater good.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 11:42:51 pm »
Depending on what browser you're using, bootings can be more or less frequent. I personally use a combination of two browsers(for two log-ins). Firefox and Microsoft Edge seem to work alright, Firefox with an extension and ME with nothing. Chrome has a tendency to 'time-out' and boot the page as you're experiencing.
If anything, you could try a re-loading extension such as this one:
Here

There are plenty of extensions in the Chrome Web Store, and I personally haven't used them myself.

If you are using Firefox, this extension works quite fine if you ask me(set at 10 secs):
Reload Every

Hopefully these might help ^^' The log-in can be a hassle, but it's here for our safety and the protection of the community.

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 03:17:35 am »
As @HidenShadow suggested, try a Chrome extension if you're using Chrome. I personally haven't been timed out, probably because I don't login for long periods of time anymore.

This one here is called Staying Alive
                                           ^ Cue the Bee Gees XD

Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.