Author Topic: Map issues?  (Read 1699 times)

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
Map issues?
« on: August 09, 2016, 05:12:41 pm »
Okay so i've heard we have to move our old map files into a new folder. I need help with my YouTube teams map. I don't know where to put the files

The files are:
RandomTeam.cfg
RandomTeamsMap.fhm

Where do I put them?

People in the Image,  Vask, Sagitta, Scarlett (The Grey Wolf> Me) Rin, and SeizureWhale

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis

Offline Reaper

• Exotic Butters
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 72
  • OOF
    • http://firesboss.deviantart.com/
    • ravenmccain1
    • witheredfoxy12
    • View Profile
Re: Map issues?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 05:30:04 pm »
The map files should be placed into the "Export" folder.

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 05:47:09 pm »
The map files should be placed into the "Export" folder.

It's still not working. It says "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working"

People in the Image,  Vask, Sagitta, Scarlett (The Grey Wolf> Me) Rin, and SeizureWhale

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 05:50:55 pm »
Check y'er particles folder f'er copies of files. Also, it looks to me like y'er missing quite a few files there. Where are the object and sky files? If the map had custom weather, there should be a weather file there too; same goes with music which would be in the form of a .cfg.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline kcatd35

• Dedicated Supporter
    • Anything~Random
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 06:04:47 pm »
Check y'er particles folder f'er copies of files. Also, it looks to me like y'er missing quite a few files there. Where are the object and sky files? If the map had custom weather, there should be a weather file there too; same goes with music which would be in the form of a .cfg.

Honestly I have no idea where the rest of the files are. AnimalLover2000 created the map for our YouTube teams "Headquarters" a year ago and those were the only two files. They worked in the old version but the new version is not working with it

R.I.P- DarkPetal
R.I.P- Genisis

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 07:12:48 pm »
Hey hon! Don't worry about this. A friend of her's named HorseLover109 approached me about the same issue ingame. The only things in that folder was a file named RandomReam.cfg and RandomTeamsMap.fhm.

To quickly explin it, these aren't the correct files you need in order to see the map, so I sent her a message earlier regarding the issue and she has been notified by HorseLover109 about it. Another reason your game could be crashing is because the .cfg is from their Terrains map, in their map folder. It shouldn't really be moved from there or placed into the exports folder or you will indeed crash!

You just need to delete what you have installed from that download and wait a little.

Hopefully she will see it soon but she has apparently been a bit busy with school as it has started for some people around the world.

Here is what I sent her:

Your friend Horselover109 approached me recently and said that you gave or provided a downloadable map. Something related to Team and Headquaters. Thing is, inside that map download there is only the files RandomReam.cfg and RandomTeamsMap.fhm. Those are not the files needed, so I'm here to give you a quick step-by-step tutorial on how to share a map with others.

1. Go into Map Maker and load your map then Export it.

2. It should have or would have successfully exported the following files:

.fho (objects used in the map)
.fhs (if you created a custom sky for the map using the sky creator)
.fhw (if you created a custom weather cycle)
.fhm (the actual map file that allows a portal to show at cape).

If they have exported successfully, then great.

3. When it has finished exporting, write down each file it has exported and click "Ok" to find out the next file.

4. Find those exported files in Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ Exports and place them in a folder of your own.

5. Right click the folder and select sent to \\ compressed zip folder. This then will zip your folder making it able to upload to file sharing sites.

6. Upload that folder to www.mediafire.com and share the link to friends (or the people of your choosing).

Done! That is all, I hope this helped.

//Bawfle

I checked her previous posts on the forum too, and it does appear that she had a few issues learning how to share maps before, so it's expected!

Hang in there, dear! c:

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone