Author Topic: FeralHeart Needs A Map Of All The Maps  (Read 3257 times)

Offline iCharlez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • direfulfloof
    • channel/UCXYaNpit55vn5woGk18CYGA
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
FeralHeart Needs A Map Of All The Maps
« on: September 05, 2016, 12:27:45 am »
Now, you probably clicked on this thinking, "What is she talking 'bout?"

Anyways, FeralHeart needs a button that you can click on that shows the names of all the maps so you can teleport there instead of having to go through other places just to get to another map... does that make sense?

Opinions? I honestly think that this would be very convenient.

Download to see me in game!

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: FeralHeart Needs A Map Of All The Maps
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 12:35:21 am »
Ah, very interesting topic.

While I agree with the concept that this sounds like a very neat idea (and it may certainly be useful to many), the way that we have the maps set up is not solely built for getting places quickly. The whole idea of the new setup in contrast to the way the old maps were placed is to encourage exploration. In a simple way of saying it, it's a bit like a suggestion to stop and smell the flowers, take a look around, see what hidden things you can find. While it may take a little longer to find out where everything is, it can eventually become quite easy to navigate around the maps, even quite speedily. With the setup of the maps, you have more of an opportunity to explore the maps to their fullest, and our goal was to make the world of the game a bit more realistic. I can understand how easy it would be to simply click a little button and be able to teleport everywhere, but this is not quite how we intended for the new maps to work.

As for having trouble finding out where exactly all of the maps are, there are quite a few good tutorials lying around that have pretty detailed pictures and guides on how to navigate the maps, containing the entrances and portals to each map. If you're having a tricky time figuring out where everything is, I would definitely recommend taking a look around our Member Made Tutorials Board.

I hope this shed some light on what you have here. This is a very interesting idea, and it's quite a nice one, but hopefully this helps puts some of it into context. c:
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:46:16 am by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 12:46:59 am »
I think this is a rather neat idea actually. But as Nynx stated, there are already a few good tutorials to find the other maps, and I do like how they are harder to find. More natural in my opinion.

Offline iCharlez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • direfulfloof
    • channel/UCXYaNpit55vn5woGk18CYGA
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2016, 12:59:12 am »
I think this is a rather neat idea actually. But as Nynx stated, there are already a few good tutorials to find the other maps, and I do like how they are harder to find. More natural in my opinion.

Yeah, that is a good point. I mean, it is more realistic instead of people 'teleporting' everywhere.
It just crosses my mind every time I go on FeralHeart and am looking for a map.

Download to see me in game!

Rizzla

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 01:25:29 am »
As much as I'd love to be able to teleport to each of the maps instantly instead of running around like a hooligan until I find the right portal, I agree with what others have said, they were made that way for a reason in mind. What if you could teleport, though, but only after you'd visited that specific map at least once? I feel like that would be way too complicated to implement (and probably impossible without the source code) though, unfortunately... still, just an idea for a happy medium. 

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 01:44:51 am »
b... but then everyone would teleport and then nobody would walk
And it will all be like AJ but this seems useful but the teleport tho

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 01:50:28 am »
Teleportation would be nice, especially in those custom maps that contain other maps. While it is a bit of a pain to run around all the time, it takes away from the "world" if that makes sense. I kinda like the idea Rizzla provided
What if you could teleport, though, but only after you'd visited that specific map at least once? I feel like that would be way too complicated to implement (and probably impossible without the source code) though, unfortunately... still, just an idea for a happy medium. 
This might be a good addition.
I'm still on the fence about whether or not this would be appropriate for FeralHeart, because FH seems like it should be explored. *shrugs*
Be that as it may, great idea!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 10:19:05 am »
What about put extra exits in ficho that lead to the coasts?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 10:07:49 pm »
What about put extra exits in ficho that lead to the coasts?
Great idea! Maybe if they come out with more maps in future releases this will be included.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.