Author Topic: Game issues  (Read 1724 times)

Offline CatAndCrow

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Game issues
« on: September 02, 2016, 07:58:34 am »
I want to say quickly that I wouldn't be posting this if I hadn't tried my hardest to find a solution to my problem by myself and had not fixed the issue. Basically, I'm here because I've tried my best and it wasn't good enough. Also I don't have time to spend on scouring the internet for a solution like I usually do (that typically can last between hours and days).

Sooo, it's been a while since I've been around, and I'm looking to revisit my early days in IT rp. Unfortunately, the game isn't cooperating. First off, from the download page only the web setup is working, and when it's downloading, it tries to download something it labeled as http//:s3-tracker.eu-west... and when I looked it up, it came up on a virus report website. That's not to say that FH is at fault, but rather I believe there might be a leak in the download or something crazy like that. Anyway, it errors when it comes to that and says a connection was closed by the remote host (and repeats that same command) and I can rule out my own hands doing just that. Honestly though, if it really is some kinda virus, its best that it has been unable to download, though it is quite annoying. Moving on with my boring story, I was able to open the game, but the windows n the game had no backing, meaning only the frame and the buttons were there. In addition, I couldn't get passed the character select screen. With all these issues, I went in search of someone who had a similar problem on the forums.

I found another post that offered up a mediafire download, and I used it, and it worked out alright. Except that I still can't connect to the game server, but I can get onto the character select screen. (Btw I was wondering if the character select is supposed to have a plain white background. It didn't seem like a stylistically good choice, so I can only assume the coding is missing something, or that I'm missing something.) The windows were still missing their backing, so I  deleted my version of FH (while making a new folder for it 'cause I'm smart or whatever) and installed the new one. That fixed the window, but the char select screen is still white and i still cant connect.

So, can anyone tell me what's up? I'd like to give this game another chance.

EDIT: I just fixed the white screen thingy, so biggie there.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 08:00:37 am by CatAndCrow »

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Game issues
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 08:03:07 am »
Might try changing your rendering system to see if that helps you get past the loading screens.

Offline CatAndCrow

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 09:03:05 am »
Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I figured out that my chars were on maps that no longer existed, go figure. I reset all the homes and re spawned them.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 09:08:59 am »
Yes the character selection screen is white now with the update. If you find that to be a bit hard on the eyes or too difficult to edit characters with there are some mods that change the character editing "map" called Podium.
Might I recommend Phlox's Podium - Vanilla

EDIT: Just saw that you fixed the white screen. My mistake :) Have fun floof
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline CatAndCrow

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2016, 07:37:32 pm »
That's quite alright, that's for the reply and suggestion! :3