Author Topic: Feral Heart Not Working Properly  (Read 2286 times)

Offline Shalefoot

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Feral Heart Not Working Properly
« on: September 11, 2016, 12:16:51 pm »
Hello! I've been having some glitches recently with the new Feral Heart, but recently it's gotten worse. I've reinstalled it twice and every single time the files come out corrupted somehow. The background on the title screen is black along with the character creation screen. None of the maps load and they just place me in a black area. I've tried to use the "Go Home" button but it says no map exists. I honestly don't know what to do anymore about it considering I haven't modded the game or added any other content into it. Could someone please help?

I could get screenshots if you all need them, but I don't know how it would help.

Sincerely, "Damien".

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
Re: Feral Heart Not Working Properly
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 12:47:18 pm »
How long has it been happening for? Did you just recently get the update or have you had it for a while?

If you got it recently, then have you reset your characters' homes and sent them there? The old maps don't exist anymore, they were removed and others were added in. Secondly, the black backgrounds issue sounds like you're missing the maps. Go to your FH folder, then to media, terrains, and then fhmaps to make sure you have all of the maps listed below (in no particular order):

fhBonfireIslands.fhm
fhCapeOfWorlds.fHm
fhCherikaValley.fhm
fhEasternPass.fhm
fhFichoTunnels.fhm
fhKiwimbiBeach.fhm
fhLonelyCave.fhm
fhpodium.fhm
fhSeasideGrove.fhm
fhTheGrounds.fhm
fhZamaGrotto.fhm
WaterMill.fhm

If you're missing any of these, let us know here so someone can give them to you.

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 02:07:33 pm »
Adding on to the "Go Home" button issue, make sure you're going about it one of two ways.

Ingame, make sure to reset your home before clicking go home, as Shazadah said.

Or if that doesn't work, clicky here:

http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=56857.0

This'll show you how to reset/send your characters home via the site, if you're not sure how to.

I hope the issue gets sorted soon.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 02:10:46 pm by Shadowtooth »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline sashalove

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • #Don'tBreathe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 02:36:27 pm »
Hello, I have been having some troubles trying to sign in the game. Since I haven't played in a long time, I've tried resetting my password but apparently I have 2 passwords of the following when I try to sign in. (basically 2 of the passwords work when I sign into the old and new website of Feral Heart) I have downloaded it correctly but when I try to sign into the game online, it says: "Failed to connect to Front server" what does that mean? if I may ask? I have 2 passwords but I don't know which one would be correct to sign in...please help?
Didn't they tell you that I was a savage?
Fxxk your white horse and a carriage
Bet you never could imagine
Never told you, you could have it
You needed me
Ooh, you needed me
~Rihanna: Needed Me

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 02:40:36 pm »
Hello, I have been having some troubles trying to sign in the game. Since I haven't played in a long time, I've tried resetting my password but apparently I have 2 passwords of the following when I try to sign in. (basically 2 of the passwords work when I sign into the old and new website of Feral Heart) I have downloaded it correctly but when I try to sign into the game online, it says: "Failed to connect to Front server" what does that mean? if I may ask? I have 2 passwords but I don't know which one would be correct to sign in...please help?

If you are seeking help, it is always best that you create a new thread on your own instead of posting on someone else's thread. To answer you question though, there should only be one password assigned with your account. One of the two you claim to have should only work. Make sure you are signing into the "Play Game" tab with your correct username and password and keeping the page open while you play the game. The tab may be found here
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.