Author Topic: How did you come up with the design of your character?  (Read 3342 times)

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
Re: How did you come up with the design of your character?
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2016, 10:32:30 pm »
Honestly, whenever I create characters its rather...At random. I'll play around with the character creation for awhile with a few words in mind:

Realistic - Canine - Bright eyes
Semi-Real - Canine - Dark Eyes
etc etc..

I'll try out different colors or markings until I find something I like, that looks good and works. Even then after the character has been created I consider it a rough draft, due to the fact the more I look at my characters the more I wonder how one character or another would look with this marking, or this tail, or these ears etc etc.. That, or I'll create random characters off-FH using free linearts on DA, and even them a majority of them never see the light of day on feral-heart. I've got a million stored characters I swear.

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
Re: How did you come up with the design of your character?
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2016, 11:18:56 pm »
It really just came to me one day. I got really excited it was something I could easily imagine and have look good at the same time.
I did have one big inspiration for Green though, which was LupisVulpes' character Sad Blue. Sad Blue mainly inspired her main color, which happened to be blue. My main issue with making a fursona was the main color and apparently looking at Sad Blue really helped. I then gave her a very fuzzy black jacket and light red eyes (It wasn't even intentional that red and blue make my favorite color), changed the shade of blue, and yeah that's how Green was born. There was no plan involved in any way possible.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:21:08 pm by pokemonXY »
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae