Author Topic: Failed to connect to main server  (Read 1524 times)

Offline thisismydesign1

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Failed to connect to main server
« on: September 27, 2016, 08:49:23 am »
A few days ago I decided to download Feral Heart onto my new computer. I downloaded the game and it all went just fine. I opened the game and typed in username and password. Pressed enter, and then the message came up. I have had this problem before and usually restarting my computer helped, but not this tme. I have tried re-download Feral Heart and restarted my computer.... What may the issue be... :'(?

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Failed to connect to main server
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 09:01:06 am »
Make sure you are logging into the "Play Game" tab and you're running it behind the game window without minimizing it.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 11:34:39 am »
Also, make sure to have cookies enabled and to do not run the browser in incognito/private browsing mode.
Give it a minute or so to connect and then launch your FeralHeart game client and login through there with the same account. Good luck!

http://feral-heart.com/login/
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:58:41 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 05:55:06 pm »
Chrome and Firefox are recommended browsers to use with the "Play Game" tab as those two seem to work best for most. If you're having problems with the tab, as in it keeps logging you out and causing you to lose connection in the game,  then try a tab refresher. http://www.refreshthis.com seems to work pretty well for myself and I can stay logged in for hours. Paste the game tab's url into the url bar of refreshthis after you've logged into the server, set for every 25 seconds, and you should be good to start. And like Arctic said, don't minimize the browser window, keep it up behind your game (honestly sometimes I don't do this, because of refreshthis, but it's a recommended thing).

Offline CarnivalCircus

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 06:18:34 pm »
I just ran into the same issue. My game was running perfectly fine until last night when I attempted to log in. Mind you, I run the login tab on Google Chrome with a refresher plugin as well. My cookies are enabled and I don't run the page on a private browser mode. My internet is working just fine (Everything else is working, other websites, skype, youtube, the site login) but for some odd reason, I can't log into the game its self. I've tried restarting my comp, restarting my browser, checking my cookies, restarting the game, and nothing is working. I just keep getting the "Failed to connect to main server." Error each time I try. Everything was working perfectly before last night ;n; If anyone has found a fix to it, that'd be very much appreciative. <3

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 07:16:00 pm »
I just ran into the same issue. My game was running perfectly fine until last night when I attempted to log in. Mind you, I run the login tab on Google Chrome with a refresher plugin as well. My cookies are enabled and I don't run the page on a private browser mode. My internet is working just fine (Everything else is working, other websites, skype, youtube, the site login) but for some odd reason, I can't log into the game its self. I've tried restarting my comp, restarting my browser, checking my cookies, restarting the game, and nothing is working. I just keep getting the "Failed to connect to main server." Error each time I try. Everything was working perfectly before last night ;n; If anyone has found a fix to it, that'd be very much appreciative. <3

In the future, make your own help threads instead of posting on others. That way people know you need help. ^^

As for your issue, try restarting your wifi and see if that will help.

Offline CarnivalCircus

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 08:19:14 pm »
I apologize. ^^ I thought it would be better to post on a thread that had the same issue as me. That way there could be two birds killed with one stone, instead of flooding the help board with multiple issues of the same topic! But thank you for your advice.