Author Topic: Play Game Virus  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Lacuna

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Play Game Virus
« on: October 29, 2016, 09:39:35 pm »
Hello. When ever I click "Play Game" it always sends me to the page I need to get to in order to login and play, but it also opens up a new tab that leads to a virus and won't let me click out of the tab concluding in me restarting my computer. I really need help, I'd like to play Feral Heart but I don't want to take a chance in my computer getting a virus. Could you make a different link to click? Or a different way? Thank you.

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Play Game Virus
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 10:13:41 pm »
I'm pretty sure everyone has this issue with ads popping up (although mine lets me shut the tab off) As long as you don't click on anything in the tab you should be ok. But I would look into getting some kind of adblocker.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 01:59:06 am »
I agree with Artic, if you're on Chrome, go for an Adblocker extension. I'm running Adblock Plus. Haven't experienced any ads or popups.

Also, do you have antivirus software on your computer? (I'm asking because it is possible that you may have had a virus or some sort of adware before using the Play Game tab, thus causing the pop ups.)
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Drunk

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • The Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 05:37:32 am »
FeralHeart often asks or at least it used to ask you to not use ad block on the forum, so I don't think you should install any sort of ad-block or really be using Google Chrome. Firefox is more reliable.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 07:27:38 am »
i don't use adblock, i just close the window that tries selling me fake get rich quick schemes or genuinely fakes copies of watches or whatever they are.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Chilled.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Heh, Look At The Hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 05:42:44 pm »
Same here, however you can use ad block, though you can go to task manager and close it out.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 01:59:12 am »
If it's one of those pages that won't let you close it because a gray box keeps popping up, check the "Prevent this page from creating anymore dialogue" box and then 'x' out the tab. As long as you click nothing else on the page, it shouldn't give you any other problems.

Another thing I do is 'x' out the tab as soon as it opens, before it even has time to load. Try predicting where the tab's 'x' will be and get ready to click it.

You are amazing <3