Author Topic: For future updates..  (Read 2969 times)

Offline Kitsunez

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • wow i rly like cats uwu
    • lucipurrfection
    • vaarusk
    • View Profile
For future updates..
« on: December 05, 2016, 05:29:40 pm »
I know that the staff team here for Feral Heart tries its best to give others credit for things they do and use, and that's phenomenal. But I do think more should be done, other than the maps, y'know?

Personally, I'd love to see the marking and item packs included in the installer. Of course, asking permission from creators of said packs, and ensuring they know it will remain in the installer. A lot of new people don't know where to find these packs, or even have the RIGHT packs, so they see some people wrongly. Not to mention, this could be greatly beneficial to people who have had to uninstall/reinstall their game and have lost all those files. Makes it so much easier to get everything back and not have to worry as much as opposed to losing everything.

What I've been thinking of was the Legendary items and markings, since they include pretty much all other packs prior to being released, and the canine tail for felines mod. I understand that the labels in-game sometimes cannot be changed, and that's understandable, what with the lack of a sourcecode. BUT to include it and replace files would benefit.

For example, the feline and canine animations were replaced so that the buttswing was no longer in use, and in turn replaced with the moonwalk. Considering that was done, could we not have the model in place for the feline tail? There is the Lynx tail and Tailless, which are both literally the same thing for the feline. Both stubs. The canine tail for felines mod makes it so that the Tailless is a fluffier looking tail, for long-furred feline characters.

To include the mod, items, and markings for future updates, of course problems have to be considered, and the creators of said things that could be included must understand (for as long as they AGREE to the use of their creations)
- The packs will remain in the game itself, no longer a need to get them from other sources
- Future updates of said packs could not be included in the game, so you would have to search for the updated folders (don't we do that anyway?)
- Larger installer file

I know this can be done, considering something as huge as MAPS were changed entirely. This inclusion would make things easier on everybody, especially with the canine tail for felines--I know some people use it, and a lot want to, but tend to not because it appears as a stub.

I dunno, just a thought--figured it would be easier on a lot of players.

Profile picture by kirani100 of FeralHeart
Signature by .Badlands. of FeralHeart

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
Re: For future updates..
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 05:33:32 pm »
I see why you would want this to be in with the installer, But markings and items are such big files not everyone can run them on their computer.
Fantastic idea though. 
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline Kitsunez

• lucipurrfection
    • vaarusk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 06:21:23 pm »
I see why you would want this to be in with the installer, But markings and items are such big files not everyone can run them on their computer.
Fantastic idea though. 

Aye, I was thinking about that, so maybe just have a separate installer for it? Like the initial installer for the game, like what we have now, and another installer that is available and seen by everybody (possibly as a link in the Downloads tab of the site) below it

Offline deemsss1234

• Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Idiocy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 06:23:37 pm »
It would be a lot easier really. Now, you have to figure out which markings and item packs everyone uses and for new players it may be really confusing.
I think this is a very good idea.

And for the size problem... They could make them optional things to install.
VirtualWorlds.Boards.Net
Game character based RP group

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 06:26:20 pm »
Yes, I was also thinking of an optional installer, But the installing system is already confusing as it is. But hey, I might just be a bit derpy.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline deemsss1234

• Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Idiocy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 06:41:06 pm »
Well, the installer could just show a list of checkboxes "Aditional markings - xMB" "Aditional items - xMB"
I think that would be easy enough.
VirtualWorlds.Boards.Net
Game character based RP group

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 09:12:55 pm »
Maybe they could be included on the download page, but not be included with a game installation. I think that'd be easy for people to understand. I don't know...

I like your tail idea nonetheless

Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 09:18:52 pm »
There are a number of reasons why we don't include the custom item and markings packs along with the default game, I'll try to explain a few of them:

- They bulk up the base game download unnecessarily
- Both of these add ons have been known to cause numerous bugs & glitches
- They're not well optimized for the game and cause a number of users running issues like lag and crashes etc
- The markings pack is huge and can be quite the inconvenience to scroll through
- Many of the markings seem unnecessary and aren't even much used (they just clutter the list)
- Some are not at best quality and need further optimizing to boost the overall visual quality and seemlessness
- Many of the items draw their origins from copyrighted material
- We would need to track down all the markings/items creators (some who may not even be around) for permissions.
- It's unfair that some users markings become a part of the official game while others do not. Hence why we kept game work as a staff only endeavor to avoid any of these issues (like favoritism etc)
- These packs are often changed and updated and we aren't going to constantly update the game just for item/markings packs. It just becomes impractical.

To avoid these issue we leave these things as optional add on mods for the community.

As for the tails suggestion, perhaps it's something that can be looked into but there's no promises as of now. Thank you for your suggestions!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:20:51 pm by SoulScarredStray »

Offline Kitsunez

• lucipurrfection
    • vaarusk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 10:04:05 pm »
Yeee, that makes a lot of sense. And yeah, with the tail, it's just copying the canine wolf tail and renaming it to the model for the Tailless option for the feline. I'd be hyped if it did become a part of the game :0

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 03:53:34 am »
There are a number of reasons why we don't include the custom item and markings packs along with the default game, I'll try to explain a few of them:

- They bulk up the base game download unnecessarily
- Both of these add ons have been known to cause numerous bugs & glitches
- They're not well optimized for the game and cause a number of users running issues like lag and crashes etc
- The markings pack is huge and can be quite the inconvenience to scroll through
- Many of the markings seem unnecessary and aren't even much used (they just clutter the list)
- Some are not at best quality and need further optimizing to boost the overall visual quality and seemlessness
- Many of the items draw their origins from copyrighted material
- We would need to track down all the markings/items creators (some who may not even be around) for permissions.
- It's unfair that some users markings become a part of the official game while others do not. Hence why we kept game work as a staff only endeavor to avoid any of these issues (like favoritism etc)
- These packs are often changed and updated and we aren't going to constantly update the game just for item/markings packs. It just becomes impractical.

To avoid these issue we leave these things as optional add on mods for the community.

As for the tails suggestion, perhaps it's something that can be looked into but there's no promises as of now. Thank you for your suggestions!

Yeah both the items and the markings packs need some cleaning up, I agree.

Thanks for the insight Sura.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 03:55:26 am by MorgraWolf »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.