Author Topic: Presets (Please lock, thank you!)  (Read 1500 times)

Offline WinterWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • You only live once.
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
Presets (Please lock, thank you!)
« on: December 29, 2016, 05:05:48 pm »
So, I tried installing presets for the first time. And I looked a tutorial on YouTube that was for the 2016 version update. So I went to the folder and it had a "Read Me" note. And I read it and it said, place all presets in this folder from your friends. File must end in fhp which matches to the files so that's obviously not the problem.

I open up my game and the presets don't show.
These are the presets from one of the Moderators on Feral Heart.

Update ~ Nevermind, I was acting stupid and didn't realize what a file meant. Lots of LOL....

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 05:32:42 pm by WinterWolf »
~Updating~
Signature by TwistedSorrowz
Find me in game as Destiny!

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: Presets
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 05:15:58 pm »
What do you mean by they don't show? .fhp files are for finished presets that only the creator of the preset can use. If you are looking for presets you can use you can either look for "public" presets or have someone make one for you or just make one.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline WinterWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • You only live once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 05:19:51 pm »
What do you mean by they don't show? .fhp files are for finished presets that only the creator of the preset can use. If you are looking for presets you can use you can either look for "public" presets or have someone make one for you or just make one.
They should show in the game under the name saying "Use Preset" but even though I've transferred them into the file it doesn't show up as a list.
And these are public, they are created by a Moderator for us to use.
~Updating~

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 05:27:47 pm »
^^ As these are .fhp files they are not "public" they are "private" but have been shared so you can /see/ their presets in game. You will /not/ be able to /use/ them.

I'm sorry if you think I've got an angry tone, I don't, I'm just trying to make sure you understand that .fhp files are for showing and not using.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 05:28:16 pm »
They should show in the game under the name saying "Use Preset" but even though I've transferred them into the file it doesn't show up as a list.
Oh dear, these presets make by Kiki were made by her for her characters. You can only download them so that when SHE wears the presets, you can see them. When you download a preset and all it gives you is a .fhp file, it means it's not for you to use on your character, just so you can see the preset owner wearing it on their character in-game.

You are amazing <3

Offline WinterWolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • You only live once.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 05:29:50 pm »
Oh dear, these presets make by Kiki were made by her for her characters. You can only download them so that when SHE wears the presets, you can see them. When you download a preset and all it gives you is a .fhp file, it means it's not for you to use on your character, just so you can see the preset owner wearing it on their character in-game.
...Oh... Whoops, now I feel stupid!  :-[
~Updating~

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 05:31:20 pm »
As mentioned above. These are the presets of another user, in this case Kiki's.
Depending on what username is applied to the file, only the user can wear them.
This does not mean you can change the name of the file and be able to wear it as well, the original files like the image below have to be exported to your username.

In order to have your own presets it has to look like this

Advanced coding guide by Tigg
Youtube video on how to install a pre-made preset
Another advanced coding guide by Ruby1234

You might want to check out this board: Member made tutorials
RETIRED.