Author Topic: OpenGL Error [Mac]  (Read 1611 times)

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
OpenGL Error [Mac]
« on: February 09, 2017, 08:00:17 am »
This is sorta looking back on the ENB mod for this game, I want to add it yes. and I know you staff want me to go here for instructions  >>
https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=9640.0

but no, that doesn't work. I researched some more, fixed the OGRE.cfg and replaced that Direct3D9 with OpenGL
 I run the game but it crashes. crashes. crashes. crashes.

Thus I claim could be a MAC error.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: OpenGL Error [Mac]
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 08:44:59 am »
'Allo there! It seems to me that ENB mod is quite old. Since the new game update, some mods (such as older item packs) do not work on FH any longer. This could just be the issue with the ENB mod. Since ye've meddled with y'er ogre.cfg mod, I'd suggest undoing any changes made or reinstalling the game by deleting all y'er files (create backups f'er preset files and et cetera that ye wish to keep) and installing the files on a clean slate.

If anyone else has a diagnosis that proves the ENB mod to work on this version of the game, I'm sure they'll let ye know. Hope this helps, deary.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2017, 09:02:48 am »
'Allo there! It seems to me that ENB mod is quite old. Since the new game update, some mods (such as older item packs) do not work on FH any longer. This could just be the issue with the ENB mod. Since ye've meddled with y'er ogre.cfg mod, I'd suggest undoing any changes made or reinstalling the game by deleting all y'er files (create backups f'er preset files and et cetera that ye wish to keep) and installing the files on a clean slate.

If anyone else has a diagnosis that proves the ENB mod to work on this version of the game, I'm sure they'll let ye know. Hope this helps, deary.

didnt have to uninstall and re install at all really... no damage has been done...

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 07:46:58 pm »
Oh, ye said it keeps crashing, so I assumed ye had a file error occurring. M'bad.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline razmirz

• The Janitor (Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me)
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 302
  • Soul Nomming Goodness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 08:39:22 pm »
Might be able to clear this up quickly.

1. ENB is a Directx mod it doesn't affect OpenGL at all.
2. Both MAC's and Linux machines natively support OpenGL but have no built in support for Directx as its a Microsoft product. When you try to use Directx on these operating systems it actually uses a special layer which passes all the equivalent commands back for OpenGL to process. Because of this I highly doubt something that is designed to interfere with Directx's normal working is likely to work.

Hope this gives some clarity.

Raz
Please contact other members of staff if necessary they will escalate issues to me

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 05:24:21 pm »
Might be able to clear this up quickly.

1. ENB is a Directx mod it doesn't affect OpenGL at all.
2. Both MAC's and Linux machines natively support OpenGL but have no built in support for Directx as its a Microsoft product. When you try to use Directx on these operating systems it actually uses a special layer which passes all the equivalent commands back for OpenGL to process. Because of this I highly doubt something that is designed to interfere with Directx's normal working is likely to work.

Hope this gives some clarity.

Raz

Thank you! (on side note) could it be possible to update that to current runnings?