Author Topic: cannot connect to map server  (Read 1486 times)

Offline god-and-martyr

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • god-and-martyr
    • god-and-martyr
    • View Profile
cannot connect to map server
« on: February 11, 2017, 11:37:00 pm »
UPDATE 2: I re-read the suggestions, and VortexAlive's worked!! I had my home already set to Lonely Cave, but hitting "Reset Home" as well as "Go Home" worked! Originally I had only hit "Go Home" because its...the same place. So I'm not super sure what "Reset Home" changed, but whatever, it worked! Thanks for the help!

UPDATE: I tried logging in on a friend's account and it worked perfectly! Only a few seconds load time. Map connects, everything's great. Try again on my account, it still won't connect to the map server. :/

I have the tab that you have to keep up open and all that and I can login to the game just fine, but it won't connect to the map sever.
I hit try again and it just...keeps trying to connect for ages and nothing happens.
And then if i hit Esc while it's trying to connect for 1000 years, when I try to login again, it won't connect to the front server.
I've restarted my computer [ both just the normal restart and the complete power down and then power back up ] and neither worked.
I was able to connect fine earlier today, and nothing has changed since then, so I don't have any idea what the problem would be.
If you have a suggestion that'd be great, though.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 01:13:36 am by god-and-martyr »

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: cannot connect to map server
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 11:42:11 pm »
Is your login tab losing connection?

Also, make sure that your internet isn't going through some temporary derp; if this is the case simply waiting it out could help
Farewell everyone<3

Offline god-and-martyr

• Forum Newcomer
    • god-and-martyr
    • god-and-martyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 11:45:53 pm »
Is your login tab losing connection?

Also, make sure that your internet isn't going through some temporary derp; if this is the case simply waiting it out could help

No, my login tab is fine, as is my internet. Everything on my computer except the feral heart game itself is fine. This has been going on for at least the past two hours, and I've checked it on and off and it still won't connect. I've checked other things [ like maybe an anti-virus thing somehow blocked it, idk ] but everything seems fine. So.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 11:49:43 pm »
Here, try this.

Go here:
User Panel

Log into it, then click on "Reset home" and then "Go home" on each of your characters.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline god-and-martyr

• Forum Newcomer
    • god-and-martyr
    • god-and-martyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2017, 11:52:27 pm »
Here, try this.

Go here:
User Panel

Log into it, then click on "Reset home" and then "Go home" on each of your characters.

I tried already - I thought maybe a busy map server might be the issue.
Alas, no luck.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 04:07:58 am »
No, my login tab is fine, as is my internet. Everything on my computer except the feral heart game itself is fine. This has been going on for at least the past two hours, and I've checked it on and off and it still won't connect. I've checked other things [ like maybe an anti-virus thing somehow blocked it, idk ] but everything seems fine. So.

You said you tried checking your anti virus but have you looked into your firewall? Try temporarily disabling it and see if that does anything.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.