Author Topic: Imagine A World Without Music  (Read 1058 times)

Summeralla

Imagine A World Without Music
« on: March 11, 2017, 01:41:02 pm »
It is known we listen to music for our emotions or when usually releasing weight off our shoulders, or just for fun! Whatever the case may be, music is everywhere! But how would the world be if there wasn't any music?

First, let's talk about why you like listening to music. Well, I'm someone who would press repeat for each song i hear. Before i could listen to the words, I first need to listen to the background music. Does it go well with the words? Does it relate to my current problems? Does it change my day? Those sort of stuff. I like music that are loud - no, not metal. More like party music with a bumping beat. Something like that...

Why I listen to them? Well, if i had to the dishes, that would avoid me from getting tired and I could dance around, as I do the dishes. But anyway, it also a great way to avoid me from yelling or releasing anger. I can just calm down and go to sleep right after.

And if there wasn't any music? Well..i wouldn't be here rn. 

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine A World Without Music
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:52:01 pm »
Imagine a world without music? Are you crazy? I refuse to do so.

I love the soul purpose and foundation of music. It helps me think, it helps me keep motivated, it even sometimes inspires what I draw. I also love music for they lyrics, even without music, the lyrics could be used purely for quotes... but that's not the point I suppose. The lyrics need the acoustics and variety of tone to add character to it. In fact, I don't know what I'd do without it, as I'd feel somewhat trapped in some aspects. I like to quote lyrics and post music links to my skype status sometimes, to show how I feel and generally release some happy/angry/upsetting energy through it.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 07:15:48 pm »
Honestly, I cannot see myself living in a world without music.
Life would be much more depressing than it already is, it would simply
take away a lot of happiness for me. Music can be such a powerful tool,
it has quite a strong impact on my emotions and is a way for me to express
how I feel. Songs can be soothing, inspirational and motivating. I listen to many
genres, both calmer and heavier ones. I desperately need music in my life, I listen
to it every single day in many different places. It seriously means everything to me.
I enjoy getting lost in beautiful music and just imagine myself being somewhere else.
Though I greatly appreciate silence too, I need these amazing sounds in my daily life.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 07:22:03 am »
Don't have to imagine a world without music. It was my existence for a long time until recently and for most part still is.

It's just like real life without a movie soundtrack running in the background.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"