Poll

|:|Which version of Toast do you PERSONALLY prefer|:|

Old Toast
Realistic Toast

Author Topic: |:|I need your opinion|:|  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
|:|I need your opinion|:|
« on: May 24, 2017, 02:58:17 pm »
So, I recently lost/deleted Toast's preset by accident and had to re-make it {I have looked in the recycle bin but sadly I had just emptied it.}. Whilst re-creating her I decided to go for a 'realistic' look but I'm not too sold on it. I want to get your honest opinion on which is better/what I could fix up.

First version {The deleted one}

New version

Please move if this is in the wrong spot

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: |:|I need your opinion|:|
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 03:11:23 pm »
I think the more realistic features look quite nice. Though, somtimes using realistic textures can make presets look quite dirty and dusty. However, on SAI, there is a way you can fix this. It's how I sorted the issue on my preset. If you're using SAI, I might be able to help with that by providing a quick tutoiral.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 03:17:00 pm »
I personally am in love with the new look! The texture doesn't take/cover up the detail of your character's markings like other, more fluffier textures would do, and the nose certainly looks a bit better (as I'm not really a fan of the large noses people do for felines), and I love the way you've mixed the pelt and underfur colours more together to make it fade.
Thumbs up for v2!

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Chipz

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 53
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 03:29:27 pm »
I think the more realistic features look quite nice. Though, somtimes using realistic textures can make presets look quite dirty and dusty. However, on SAI, there is a way you can fix this. It's how I sorted the issue on my preset. If you're using SAI, I might be able to help with that by providing a quick tutoiral.
Sadly, I use GIMP not SAI. I did however dull the colors down a fair bit as it looked a bit too 'cartoony'  for my taste which may make it look a little dusty, thank you for your help and input it is much appreciated.

I personally am in love with the new look! The texture doesn't take/cover up the detail of your character's markings like other, more fluffier textures would do, and the nose certainly looks a bit better (as I'm not really a fan of the large noses people do for felines), and I love the way you've mixed the pelt and underfur colours more together to make it fade.
Thumbs up for v2!

I spent over 3 hours trying to get it to look the way you explained, I am so glad you like it! I am also not a fan of the larger noses some people use as well.