Author Topic: Computer shuts off while playing FH  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Computer shuts off while playing FH
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 08:31:49 pm »
Thing with Feral Heart, it isn't the 'best' built game. Meaning a lot of thigns could have been done to prevent lag between other characters or even objects. I have more issues with this in Feral Heart than I do in KF2 or GTA V etc. I suppose you could check around your computer, maybe see if you have control over your fan speed or if there is a cooling button. Your game might not run as good, but your PC will be cooler.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
Re: Computer shuts off while playing FH
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2017, 02:11:59 am »
Either it as a corrupted driver FH has, (As I own an IT server that never cuts my computer off) or possibly the mods (Which are nothing but items and markings) that screw with the new FH update. Im currently testing this on two other computers in hope of figuring out the problem and no, nothing sounds like it changed besides the normal spurts of my fan spinning faster whenever I arrive in a super croweded area but this has always happened even during other gameplay.

Drivers? Do you mean the rendering system plugins that come with Ogre? It can be corrupted?  0.0 I'm not sure wut that means... But I guess it's maybe not impossible that there's a hardware incompatibility. You could perhaps do some research... Google your GPU model and ogre or something, look at source code commits, bug reports etcetra. However, doesn't an IT server use Ogre 1.7? FH uses 1.7.2 so I wouldn't think there would be a huge difference. Also, I would assume that only one rendersystem would act this way then, since the two graphics APIs differ greatly in their implementation. However, the GPU shouldn't be able to cause a full system shutdown, unless Windows cannot restore it after five times (the default, anyway). Making a GPU that busy seems to only be possible on Windows XP and OSX these days though (Windows versions past that try to restore it after five seconds). If you are running Windows XP + openGL + presets, there are some, possibilities, for a busy GPU, maybe.

If the other computers show no signs like this, it's for sure your hardware though, aside from the fact that this problem seems to be rare. If you're sure it isn't heat, there are myriads of other tests one can run i.e. memtest, various benchmarks, to test for other hardware faults and stress test. =3

Does the shutdown say "Windows is shutting down..." or is it instantaneous?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:45:57 am by Vilivikhorith »