Author Topic: FeralPetz/Petz Feralz - Petz Mod? (GROUP EFFORT)  (Read 2183 times)

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
FeralPetz/Petz Feralz - Petz Mod? (GROUP EFFORT)
« on: June 13, 2017, 09:30:30 pm »
**If you're interested in this project, please read the whole thing. You might miss something important.
The purpose of this idea is to bring the community together and allow people who loved this game as a child to experience those days again, this time possibly with their friends.
If you've played either game and are interested, please share the layout and pictures of the maps/models/interface with players who are interested but have not played the game.
The logo would be more like the classic Petz logo. The GUI/interface and textures/meshes would make it seem more like Petz, but still have a little bit of FH here and there. Petz-like playermodels, items and maps would be really cool, too!
**In the US, the games I reference this mod from are Petz Dogz 2/Petz Catz 2 (Wii/PS2 version). In other countries, they are known quite simply as Dogz/Catz.
Remember:
-The models from Dogz and Catz are more like puppies/kittens. They also need a special eye texture (to make them look more like baby pets).
-The mod should be reversible, with a "Read Me" document to make the transition easier, as well as a backup folder in case something goes wrong.
-The roars/howls are to be replaced with simple barks/meows. The animations should match this.
-The cursor could be a dog bone/fish skeleton like in Petz.
-Animations for running/walking/crouching and crawling/swimming/sitting/laying should resemble the games more.
-Mane meshes should be more like long hair around the mouth/eyes like some dogs/longhair cats have.
-The podium (background on the character creation screen) should resemble the "Choose Your Dog/Cat" screen from Petz.
-Markings, ears, tail and items for Ivlet (the wolf who must be taken down at the end of Dogz/Catz).
-Maps and music: North/South Pawville, the player character's house in South Pawville, the zoo and aquarium also in South Pawville, the Police Station in North Pawville, Whisker Woods, Tail Heights, Sky Heights, Crystal Caverns, Monolith Isle, Dolphin Coast, Lappy Lake, Jade Fields, Inferno Cave, Polar Fields, Lonesome Park, Gongoro Peak, the Bubble Cave in Monolith Isle, Dimension Rift (final boss level). I may or may not have missed one or two.
-Items such as the Guitar, Butterfly Comb, Magic Hat, Magic Shield in mouth, Bug Cage in mouth, Fishing Tackle in mouth, Victor's hat and bandanna, Ada's police outfit, pirate hats, glasses, etc.
-Dog and cat fur patterns/Ivlet's markings.
-Headswing/Headbang/Moonwalk (Buttswing) could be panting/tail wagging/the victory dance your character does (involves rearing up/jumping and calling).
-Two Magic Hat items - colored and black. It is colored before Ivlet takes it and after it is retrieved, and it turns black while Ivlet wears it. The whole thing doesn't turn black - just the blue part.
-An item of Beat (symbol of the Magic Hat's good side) riding on your character's head/back or peeking out from a bag.
**We can get to South Pawville through Cape. Any other map is to be accessed through portals in South Pawville and the other maps.
I'm thinking this would turn out better as a group project. It would get the job done much faster.
EDIT: I myself will be working on the loading screens. I already have some done (I looked up screenshots from the games and fitted them into the frame). However, they are of low quality. If we can get some new ones once we're ready, that would be great.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:34:13 am by C.O.N.T.R.O.L. »
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Re: FeralPetz/Petz Feralz - Petz Mod? (GROUP EFFORT)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 01:33:17 am »
After reading your post, I went ahead and made puppy eyes. You may feel free to edit it/include it in packs, and no need to credit me.

Png file(Just right-click on the image and click 'Save as' in the menu that pops up beside your cursor):

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline bunnylions

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 42
  • I'm stupid and I'm proud! :D
    • KazeoLion
    • channel/UCIabUy2dwwyNBHYt7j49XzA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 03:30:32 am »
After reading your post, I went ahead and made puppy eyes. You may feel free to edit it/include it in packs, and no need to credit me.

Png file(Just right-click on the image and click 'Save as' in the menu that pops up beside your cursor):

Thanks. You're helping make the first step in our community mod project. ^^
Did you know I make games? :D
Meow.

ola232

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 11:10:19 am »
An really cute idea for community project and at first i thought you was mentioning petz games like petz 4, btw good luck in project

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 11:35:22 pm »
An really cute idea for community project and at first i thought you was mentioning petz games like petz 4, btw good luck in project
I was also thinking about Petz 4-5 until I read it's for the Wii and PS2! Screenshots should be provided so people know what you are talking about, since I might not be the only one who has not seen Petz on the Wii or PS2.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:37:34 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.