Author Topic: cannot connect to server....  (Read 961 times)

Offline wolfygamer

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
cannot connect to server....
« on: June 17, 2017, 05:46:19 am »
Everyone has talked about it, and I have had it for 4 days.. with no fix.

so I need some suggestions.
I have:
opened the new link in background
search,search,search
the computer is hooked via Ethernet

Any ideas or help, it will be FANTASTIC!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: cannot connect to server....
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 07:01:59 am »
Just in case, this is the page that you are logging into and keeping open, correct? http://feral-heart.com/login/index.php   
It sounded like it but I wasn't completely sure if that's what you were referring to ^^

- Make sure you give the login tab page a minute or two before you open the game client and login to the game client
- You could try opening the login tab with a different browser or from a mobile device

Lastly, if nothing works
Do you by chance know if you have any proxies within your browser?
A proxy or proxy server is basically another computer which serves as a hub through which internet requests are processed. By connecting through one of these servers, your computer sends your requests to the proxy server which then processes your request and returns what you were wanting. In this way it serves as an intermediary between your home machine and the rest of the computers on the internet. Proxies are used for a number of reasons such as to filter web content, to go around restrictions such as parental blocks, to screen downloads and uploads and to provide anonymity when surfing the internet. - WhatIsMyIP.com

Proxies will make it so the IP address of your browser (where you're connecting to the login tab page from) and the IP address that you're connecting to the game client with are different from one another, thus, causing connectivity issues. If you are unsure if you are running a proxy, try this:

- Go to https://feral-heart.com/myip/ and make note of what IP address is listed there in the upper left corner. Do not post that IP address here as that is for your eyes only.
- Then, download this http://www.feral-heart.com/myip.zip, run it, and see what IP address it gives you when it is complete.

If these two do not match then you are likely running a proxy in your browser.

Information courtesy of Raz here
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: cannot connect to server....
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 09:09:02 pm »
It may be that your firewall or any other security software is preventing FeralHeart from accessing the internet.

Quote from: Redlinelies
Open up your Control Panel, located in the Start menu. Depending on which Operating system you use and which layout, it might look differently. But Windows firewall should be in the category "security," or just find the text, "Windows firewall" or "Allow a program through windows firewall". This should take you to the correct place.

Once there you'll get a new window with a list of programs. Try to locate FeralHeart.exe in there and add it to exceptions by marking the checkbox. If you can't find it, and the game to the list by yourself by pressing "add program."

If you don't understand how to do this still, ask someone else to do this for you.

Sometimes there might be something else blocking the program from accessing the internet. A good example of these are some Antivirus programs. This can vary a lot as well. But check up if by any chance your virus program might be blocking Feralheart. And just not only by clicking the icon in the corner sayings, "nope!" Look in the advanced menus and preferences first. Only you can check this.

You can also try restarting your router and see if it helps.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:11:04 pm by Valhayes »

Signature art by Kynvuu