Author Topic: Legendary items?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline ShilohVoodoo

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Lost doodle bean.
    • View Profile
Legendary items?
« on: August 11, 2017, 03:14:12 pm »
So I'm trying to get legendary items, I definitely have the correct version and I put everything into the correct folder but after restarting the game and trying to put on some items, it doesn't show them on my side and shows a completely different item to somebody else? I have never had this problem with items before. Help?

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary items?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 03:21:01 pm »
That is odd. Are you sure all of the item textures are present in the folder?

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline ShilohVoodoo

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Lost doodle bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 04:00:25 pm »
Yes, I have tried this 3 times.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 07:21:02 pm »
Can you explain your situation a bit further, if possible? Does the items not show up at all? In the designated list, do the item's titles appear or no? Are all the items doing this or merely a selective few? My apologies for the questions, but answering them will help me achieve a better grasp.

As for the person whom sees the items differently, it's quite possible that they have a different items pack or different item.cfg list which results in users bearing witness to different items on those whose list do not match entirely. Are you sure you have the same item pack?
gone

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 08:32:03 pm »
I had a weird copy of the items once, the .cfg was flawed.  Want me to post a known good copy here?
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 06:40:37 pm »
One thing to keep in mind is that if someone else has installed a different item pack, they will see something different regardless of whether or not you've installed the pack correctly. If you're not seeing any new markings on your part at all, I would suggest peeking into the download and reading the instructions. Depending on the pack, there are two different ways to install the items. One way will have you copy both the items.cfg and the "items" folder and paste it into the main Feralheart folder, while there is another way to install them as well. The second way is to copy and paste the items.cfg into the main Feralheart folder (the same way you would with the other installation option), but instead of pasting the "items" folder into the main FH folder, open up that "items" folder it provides you and copy everything in there. Then, head into your Feralheart >> media >> items folder and paste. This is a manual way to do it, and you might find to be more effective.

I had a weird copy of the items once, the .cfg was flawed.  Want me to post a known good copy here?

If your .cfg file is flawed, you might be downloading a corrupt or outdated version.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 06:42:14 pm by Warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.