Author Topic: One character crashes to look at in character select screen.  (Read 831 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
One character crashes to look at in character select screen.
« on: August 26, 2017, 02:35:39 pm »
One of my characters won't even start to load, after I edited my char it caused crashes to look at.
This is the first time I've used the Sunstone Necklace item, but I was able to click the Ok button after I finished editing the char.

Is there a way to get the char back? Or a way to delete it if it can't be retrieved?

Character name: Lorri F

EDIT: It started working now, but why did that char crash to load when my PC can run many programs at the same time? The only programs running at the time were Firefox and Chrome, Chrome having more than eighty tabs open as always.

Maybe test?:
Character markings: Half-DOts on head, Harlequin Bicolor on body, Siamese on tail.
Items: Spiked Collar, Sunstone Necklace.
Default emote set to Subtle Frown.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:50:44 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: One character crashes to look at in character select screen.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 04:51:29 pm »
Did your game crash or did you lose connection before you edited your character?

I know I've had an issue where I've crashed and I've had to go onto a different character before I can go on the specific character that I crashed on.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 04:55:58 pm »
Did your game crash or did you lose connection before you edited your character?

I know I've had an issue where I've crashed and I've had to go onto a different character before I can go on the specific character that I crashed on.
My game crashed when I finished editing my character, then when I tried to look at my character. I can see the character now and the edits have saved, but how did it happen?

I too have experienced the crash where I had to go onto a different character before I could go onto the character I crashed on, but that's not the type of crash I'm talking about in the main post.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 08:42:49 pm »
Maybe test?:
Character markings: Half-DOts on head, Harlequin Bicolor on body, Siamese on tail.
Items: Spiked Collar, Sunstone Necklace.
Default emote set to Subtle Frown.

It wasn't the markings/items and definitely was not your computer. It could have been one of FH's many mysterious bugs that have little to no explanation for the cause/effect. (Such as the chat bug you experienced just the other day.).

For future reference when crashing: Look for a file named "badfile.reminder" in the FeralHeart folder. If it exists... Open it using notepad; it will tell you what file has caused the crash. But this file will not be made for every crash.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.