Author Topic: Map failed to load  (Read 730 times)

Offline Vinnykou

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Attention is Vital.
    • Vinqou
    • Vinqou
    • Vinqou
    • Vinqkou
    • View Profile
Map failed to load
« on: September 09, 2017, 10:01:18 pm »
I had gotten Feral-Heart forever ago, and stop playing for a period of time. My Feral-Heart was outdated. When I played the first time, it worked, then during a loading screen it said "Map failed to load".
The attempts afterward, right after my character selection said "Map failed to load".
I uninstalled Feral-Heart, as well as the installer before downloading the installer again.
Now, it still says "Map failed to load" every time I log in and select my character.
Is there a way to fix this?
Attention is Vital
Vinny of Vinqou

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Map failed to load
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 10:41:39 pm »
Your character might be in a map that's no longer there or removed since the update.
A quick solution to this would be to log in to the forum and go to your user panel ( after clicking the Home Tab ). From there simply reset the character's location and they should be at lonely cave once more. Hope this helped ye. c:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 10:43:23 pm by Hakumi »

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: Map failed to load
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 11:03:00 pm »
Here's a tutorial to the solution Hakumi suggested above:

*updated for the pictures to be viewable with the site update

This is a short tutorial on getting out of the void when you first log into the updated game, as this is an issue with many users.

If you log into the new update, and it looks like the picture above, there's no need to worry. Just a few simple steps will hopefully get you back on track.

First of all, make sure you have downloaded the update, which can be found here: Downloads (If you do not download the update, your character will be in the black map regardless.)

After doing so, go to http://feral-heart.com/login/ and you should see this screen:

Click here.

Log into your account when prompted. You should see a screen with a list of your characters' names, like so.

Select 'Reset Home' for all of your characters, multiple times if you wish. Then, select 'Go Home' for each character.

Go back to http://feral-heart.com/login/ and log into your account straight from there. Without minimizing your tab, open up your updated game and hop on your character. Everything should be good to go! Enjoy exploring!

Signature art by Kynvuu