Author Topic: Linking maps via portals  (Read 878 times)

Offline kaczuszka

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
Linking maps via portals
« on: December 17, 2017, 03:40:55 pm »
Me and a friend have made two separate maps for our group, however, I have no idea how to link them via portals. I have a YouTube tutorial on how to link maps together but it doesn't seem to work for me. She sent me her exported files (from the exports folder) through skype and I pasted all the files into my exports folder and it told me to replace the files because I had 21 files with the same name. I tried replacing and pasting the entire folder with her exported files but no matter what her map does not show up in the map maker (so I could link them together). Any easy way of linking both your and somebody else maps together?
hi hello

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
Re: Linking maps via portals
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 06:13:56 pm »
Try this!

I've seen plenty of people ask me and other map makers about this topic, so here, I'll tell you what'cha need to do :U

Step 1) Open up one of the two or more maps in FH map maker.
Step 2) Go to where you want a person to appear and write down the coordinates.
Step 3) Open the map that you wish to link to, and then go to the object tab, you should see this.. (Don't mind my purpleness >V)(Where stuff is black, it means stuff is going to be blank :P)

Step 4) Write the name of the map your linking it to here

Step 5) Put in the coordinates you gathered earlier, in my case, it looks like this.

Step 6) Press "New Gate" to make either a portal appear, or check the Black Material box to make a cave entrance like the one at Ficho.
Step 7) Place the portal.  It acts like an object.  In the controls area, you can use the Y-scale on the object to make it larger or smaller.  You can also use Pitch, Yaw, and Roll.
Step 8] After you place it, write down the coordinates from THIS map on where you want them to appear when entering, and save.
Step 9) Go to the other map, and repeat the procees.  Remember to put the portal/cave entrance near where you put where your character appears at!

I know many people were wondering about this, so I helped!~ :D   Hope this helps.  If you have any questions, ask here or PM me about it.

EDIT:~

When entering a name for the map your linking it to, you MUST link its Map Name, and NOT its Map Display Name.  You must match it perfectly,  because its case sensitive!
Put in the map name, the name you'd see when changing files in the box.  Because you can't use spaces when making the title on the map, It'd be something like LinkingMap if I were you, whatever you put in for the map name above the title o3o
WORK IN PROGRESS
Artwork (c) LynxBrush & Majorest

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Linking maps via portals
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 06:54:09 pm »
yeah you just add the map-name to the thing.

just make sure you have an exit for the linked up map.

i've made that mistake many times.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972