Author Topic: Can I use the ground textures that had to be installed with other's maps?  (Read 815 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
Every time I pick a ground texture, I get quite worried due to not knowing what textures come with the game.
I've wondered for a long time but never asked, can I use the ground textures that had to be installed with other's maps? And if so, do I need to give credit? And who should I give credit to as I don't know(Or forgot) who created the ground textures that I had to install with other maps.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
Re: Can I use the ground textures that had to be installed with other's maps?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 10:29:20 am »
Hmm, I would say it is ALWAYS a good idea to credit the person who originally made the textures if you use non-FeralHeart textures that came with the map you had downloaded. But if you want to be extra safe, I would probably suggest asking permission from the person who made the map that came with said textures. As for if you don't remember who it is that made it, you could always state that you did not make the texture and that in my opinion is fair enough, being an artist myself I am iffy about people using my stuff without permission and I would want them to at least credit me or say it is not their own creation. Hope this helped! :3

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 11:06:34 am »
Hmm, I would say it is ALWAYS a good idea to credit the person who originally made the textures if you use non-FeralHeart textures that came with the map you had downloaded. But if you want to be extra safe, I would probably suggest asking permission from the person who made the map that came with said textures. As for if you don't remember who it is that made it, you could always state that you did not make the texture and that in my opinion is fair enough, being an artist myself I am iffy about people using my stuff without permission and I would want them to at least credit me or say it is not their own creation. Hope this helped! :3
Thank you! I don't know the name of the creators of any of the textures I see in the ingame list of ground textures(Unless the name is on the name of the ground texture), so I'll just say that I didn't create the ground texture, Unless I manage to create a seamless texture.

This topic can now be locked.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 01:09:20 pm »
No problem, glad to help! :3

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 04:26:54 pm »
Locking this as the issue was solved c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.