Author Topic: Please help me.. Feral Heart.exe has stopped working.  (Read 1252 times)

Offline LucidCreatures

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Please help me.. Feral Heart.exe has stopped working.
« on: November 03, 2015, 10:21:21 pm »
I really really love this game and I want to play it again, its just I tried to add items and markings awhile ago and it told me to delete the item thing and I did then I tried to even get on the front log in as soon as I click the play button it goes to FeralHeart.exe as stopped working and I've unistalled it and everything and still no luck I've changed to program still nothing I'm guessing I need to replace the files but how do I do that?...
~Skylar The Killer

Preach

Re: Please help me.. Feral Heart.exe has stopped working.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 10:33:26 pm »
Have you tried changing your game's rendering system?

IFirst, try opening the ogre.cfg file located in the main Feralheart folder and take a look at the first two lines. It should either say either one of the following:
Render System=Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem
[Direct3D9 Rendering Subsystem]
or
Render System=OpenGL Rendering Subsystem
[OpenGL Rendering Subsystem]
Now, if your ogre.cfg file is set to (for example) the Direct3D9 rendering subsystem, change it to the OpenGL rendering subsystem, and vise versa. Next, restart your game and see if the issue is fixed.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 10:40:53 pm »
If changing y'er rendering system doesn't work as Preach has suggested, ye may need to redownload FH. It sounds like ye may 'ave deleted some important files that are required f'er the game to work. Do ye recall what ye deleted exactly? I could provide ye with the files from m'Feral Heart so that ye do not 'ave to go through redownloading.

By the play button, ye mean that ye can get to the character selection page? It could be the way ye placed the item/marking packs upon installation. This may mean ye need to do a clean download, as we cannot actually help ye if files are in places they shouldn't be, unless ye would be willing to share y'er screen with us with a join.me conference. But even then, 'twould take a very long time to track down all the misplaced files and a fresh download would go much faster.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline marvelsterian

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2015, 07:30:09 pm »
Is it possible that you deleted the files markings.cfg and items.cfg? As when you download new markings and items, there comes a new file with the exact name as mentioned before along and it asks you to replace the 'old' files. Have you possibly deleted them, but forgot to put the new files into the Feral Heart folder? 'Cause if so, the game searches for the markings and items file but can not find any and that is what would cause you to crash.~

Offline wolf00014

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 12:16:19 am »
I am having similar problems, I don't remember downloading anything, but the game would "crash" and say feralheart.exe had stopped working, I would try to get back on and sometimes it took a few tries and it would be fine, now it won't let me on at all.  I have changed the rendering system on multiple occasions, deleted and redownloaded it, I tried clearing out all the old fh files and redownloading, I have no clue what to do...

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 12:50:10 am »
Lets try not to bump older threads. ^^

If you'd like some help, please create a new thread that thoroughly describes your issue and we will do our best to help.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.