Author Topic: Preset sync question  (Read 779 times)

Offline RottenLemon

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Tiny lamb noises.
    • View Profile
Preset sync question
« on: June 24, 2018, 04:19:57 pm »
Hey there! I have a new/updated version of one of my presets for my character Principal Boi, however everyone sees him as the old emoji preset. My friend is also having the issue of his not updating either.

So, how long does it take for Preset Sync to update presets? We uploaded them at least a week or so ago (give or take a few days) and the last post I saw about it said it only took like 3 days.

Is there an estimated time or is it random when it updates?
I don't use the forum haha.

[Sits in the same corner, on the same character, doing the same nothing in Grounds 24/7]

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
Re: Preset sync question
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 04:45:10 pm »
It should just update right off the bat. Because when i would upload my preset [when i had the preset sync] i would see it in the system day of.
Have them delete the old preset number file and then you re-install it [after they have deleted it [just to see if this'll work].
I take they have the preset sync, right?
WORK IN PROGRESS
Artwork (c) LynxBrush & Majorest

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Preset sync question
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 06:47:06 pm »
It should just update right off the bat. Because when i would upload my preset [when i had the preset sync] i would see it in the system day of.
Have them delete the old preset number file and then you re-install it [after they have deleted it [just to see if this'll work].
I take they have the preset sync, right?

Hi! Mentioned friend here! I think what T-Bone is trying to say is that other people don't see the new preset, while the both of us see the new preset. What T was wondering is how long it'll take for other people to see the new presets. When does the program sync with the server? Do you have any idea?

There really isn't a direct answer to this but I hope this can help.
It depends on when those certain people completely restart their game. The file has to be placed in their PublicPresets directory in order for them to see the preset. Whenever they launch FeralHeart the preset sync looks for new presets that have been uploaded and slowly places them on the individual's drive from the server. Sometimes it may take more than one game launch to get the particular preset in your PublicPresets folder. I would just have them restart a few times (not fast restarts but let the Preset Sync run for a few minutes) and see if the preset makes it onto their system. You'll know when the preset sync is finished when the little window that always pops up closes.
The preset sync isn't 100% foolproof as nothing really is but I know with time people will see the correct preset.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 06:50:24 pm by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.