Author Topic: FH is not opening  (Read 902 times)

Offline Arandomperson

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
    • View Profile
FH is not opening
« on: September 13, 2018, 10:08:58 pm »
It just started doing this too.
Now unlike most people. I have 2 FHs. One for normal playing. The other strictly for maps. It's my map ones that's not working. All i did was put some particles files into the particles folder. And now it's not working. I've installed a new FH and moved everything over to there. Nope. If I can't find the issue, than I guess I'll make a cope of my working FH and put all of my map stuff into it.
Merrp

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: FH is not opening
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 10:38:28 pm »
  • Flipping through tabs can sometimes cause the game to randomly crash or when you have too many programs open at the same time while running FeralHeart.
  • Perhaps you've installed content such as mods, markings, items, and/or textures improperly or they themselves are causing errors.
  • Check if you have any double particles.
    Go to C:/FeralHeart/media/particles and search for any .particle file ending with _0, _1, _2, _3, etc. Make sure to delete these.
  • Try running the game as an administrator.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:41:24 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Arandomperson

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 11:22:33 pm »
I don't have a lot open. Just Discord, Chrome, mainly with only the login page open. and some music i downloaded. And I turn off my internet because either FH or my internet causes me to crash in map maker and char maker
Nope. All I did was grab 2, mind you 2, particles that ive already downloaded in the past from my computer.
Did that, found one. First thing i did.
Nope
Merrp

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 03:25:58 am »
Did you check the contents of the particles you added to make sure that you didn't try creating two particle systems with the same name? Even if they live in different files, Ogre will try to make them with the name assigned in the .particle file. This can result in a Ogre::ItemIdentityException and crash to desktop, since it is unhandled. This error is also written to standard output, so if you aren't sure what file it is, you can run (on commandline, or in a shortcut under 'Target'): FeralHeart.exe > big_log.txt 2>&1

Offline Arandomperson

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 11:10:05 am »
Nothing like that. As I put the exact same particles in my other FH in the exact same way.
Merrp

Offline Arandomperson

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 12:02:50 pm »
So i was looking back at others issues with FH crashing and I did delete all of my objects. all 4,000+ and it works. Thank goodness in the past I saved most of my objects i downloaded into my mediafire. Now I'll just be missing a couple object packs now.
Merrp