Author Topic: Installed Items, but lost all items in the process (Solved, thank you!)  (Read 601 times)

Offline Lavenderlark

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
Greetings FH, new player here, I might set up a post in the introductions later, but at the moment, I've got a problem.

I downloaded Legendary Items (latest version) today and must have done something wrong, because now I have no items in game. None, not even the antlers, roses, etc.

I did everything exactly as the instructions said (or so I thought), but dragging the items.cfg it into the FH folder and no deeper didn't prompt any replace messages as I would expect, and when I loaded the game up to check I had the normal starting items but no new ones. This lead me to dragging items.cfg (the one from the legendary items pack) into FH's Media and into FH's Items, which it gave me the option to replace the already existing file, which I choose to do. After this, I loaded FH up, checked my items in Create a character and saw that all the items were gone.

Before I uninstall FH completely and redownload it and redownload Legendary Markings and ponder how to get the legendary items, I thought I'd ask if there's an easier fix than uninstalling. Thanks for your time, sorry for any inconvenience if this question has already been answered in the past.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 02:35:25 am by Lavenderlark »

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Installed Items, but lost all items in the process
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2019, 12:43:34 am »
i've not heard of this before

it sounds like your initial install messed up somehow, or the .cfg forgot it existed.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline yourlocalcrow

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 43
  • they/them
    • View Profile
    • my deviantArt
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 01:43:41 am »
What most likely happened is the new .cfg got slapped with a (1) or a "-copy" on it's name, and therefore FH doesn't regonize it. Delete both from the FH folder, then once again place the new items.cfg into the main FH folder.

Offline Lavenderlark

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 02:34:14 am »
It didn't have anything by it saying it was a copy, but I deleted it anyway and retried the whole process and now it works, thank you both!