Author Topic: Map loading glitch  (Read 1167 times)

Offline GreyCoolcat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • ahaha unless...
    • View Profile
Map loading glitch
« on: January 01, 2020, 02:50:18 am »
Hi so when I login, the map never fully loads. It's just a space of endless black?? I can go to each of the controls on the side and those work fine. It seems like the map is just taking time to load however it never does. When my friends try to locate me, it says I'm in lonely cave but when they go to that area I'm clearly not there. Nothing else is lagging for me so it's suspicious that my laptop would take this long to load a map and I was waiting for almost an hour so that's highly unlikely. Does anyone know if this is a glitch or is it something I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
-Grey :o

Offline LadySigyn

• Let me guess... someone stole your sweetroll?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Map loading glitch
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2020, 03:15:48 am »
Is the map you're in a downloaded map? This usually happens when your character is left in a map that you don't have the files for. For example, if I were to download a map, install it into exports, put my character in that map, and then delete the map's files from exports, the map would just be black. This is probably what's happening.

Offline GreyCoolcat

• Forum Newcomer
  • ahaha unless...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2020, 04:09:12 am »
Is the map you're in a downloaded map? This usually happens when your character is left in a map that you don't have the files for. For example, if I were to download a map, install it into exports, put my character in that map, and then delete the map's files from exports, the map would just be black. This is probably what's happening.

It's not a downloaded map I don't think? It's just the regular map that everyone spawns in. My friend was able to spawn and interact with the fully loaded map without doing anything else than login but it didn't work for me.

Offline LadySigyn

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2020, 04:40:11 am »
It could be a rendering issue. Perhaps try switching your rendering system by going to the main menu > video > rendering system. If this doesn't work, I'd suggest reinstalling. The game installation might've missed out on something you need.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 04:46:46 am by Sigyrn »

Offline GreyCoolcat

• Forum Newcomer
  • ahaha unless...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2020, 04:51:57 am »
It could be a rendering issue. Perhaps try switching your rendering system by going to the main menu > video > rendering system. If this doesn't work, I'd suggest reinstalling. The game installation might've missed out on something you need.

I reinstalled and switched my rendering system. Now I can interact with other players and say stuff in the chat as well as see their avatars however nothing else of the map is loaded. The background is still black but it made my issue a little better ^^

Offline LadySigyn

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 05:03:00 am »
Hm. Okies, try downloading this backup of the terrains folder and replace it with yours. Once this is done, maybe send your character back to Lonely Cave through the User Panel.

I'm also in game in The Grounds right now so if you want to message me through there to let me know if you need any sort of help or how it went feel free to. c:

Offline GreyCoolcat

• Forum Newcomer
  • ahaha unless...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 05:20:43 am »
>.< I just did that and nothing worked, I suspect that ultimately it has something to do with my laptop because I'm using an old one since my other one is a Mac. Perhaps I'll just try tackling the PlayOnMac issue on my Mac.

Offline LadySigyn

• Community Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 05:54:45 am »
That is strange. The only other thing I can suggest is to completely delete FH from your laptop and download it using the torrent version. I've seen that work for someone else with a very similar problem.