Author Topic: FH crashing for no reason?! PLEASE, HELP!!!  (Read 1558 times)

Offline Wolved

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
FH crashing for no reason?! PLEASE, HELP!!!
« on: July 08, 2011, 12:46:01 pm »
Alright... so this morning, I went to open FH. Everything went fine. I chose my character, and it was about half way through the usual time it tkaes to load on the splash screen, when bam, a window popped up saying- "FeralHeart.exe has stopped working" then some loading bar loaded and a screen popped up saying that windows could not find a solution to the problem. Also, the new markings that come with the patch, (excluding the eyes and back splotch) won't show up on the character. I am also having a problem where after I log out, Feral Heart lags VERY bad, but then when I close it and re open it, it's fine. Until I log out again...
So as you can see, I'm having loads of trouble. I am terrified to reinstall, as I fear I will completely lose the game. (I mean things such as I won't be able to open it without having it crash upon being clicked) I have no idea what's going on, but I reallllyyy need help.
Please!
-Wolved

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: FH crashing for no reason?! PLEASE, HELP!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 02:00:08 pm »
I'd think to re-install. But it's up to you.

Re-installing FeralHeart:
1. Use the "unins000" uninstaller in the FeralHeart folder (AFTER you've saved any important files to a folder outside the FeralHeart one)
2. Delete the FeralHeart folder entirely
3. Now it's kinda up to you if you wanna just re-install FeralHeart with the installers that you already have, or re-download them.
4. Put all saved files back into their new FeralHeart folder.

Offline Wolved

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • www.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 02:29:43 am »
I'd think to re-install. But it's up to you.

Re-installing FeralHeart:
1. Use the "unins000" uninstaller in the FeralHeart folder (AFTER you've saved any important files to a folder outside the FeralHeart one)
2. Delete the FeralHeart folder entirely
3. Now it's kinda up to you if you wanna just re-install FeralHeart with the installers that you already have, or re-download them.
4. Put all saved files back into their new FeralHeart folder.

Uh... question. If I reinstall, will the game not work? I'm very worried it won't...

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 02:47:32 am »
If re-installed correctly, you shouldn`t have any problems. :)