Poll

What do you think of cross-gender RPers? (Guys that rp as girls, and girls that rp as guys.)

Totally acceptable.
I'm one of 'em!
They make me uncomfortable when I find out they're not their character's gender.
They should stick to rping their IRL gender!

Author Topic: Your Opinion on Cross-gender RPers?  (Read 23192 times)

Offline aelitastar

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 58
    • View Profile
Re: Your Opinion on Cross-gender RPers?
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 02:11:06 am »
i have no problem with cross gender rping, ive had a few male characters myself, and for some reason their easy to rp, one of them was named phobos XD *needs to remake him*
I am not who I was when I last left here, from the years '11 through '13. I sincerely apologize for how rude and disrespectful I had been, and hope whoever I have wronged before can forgive my previous bad behavior.

AoN64

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 03:42:03 am »
In my opinion, females tend to show a biased vibe of the male gender in general when they rp as a male character. That said, I personally prefer that they stick to their gender.

But that's just my preference, I honestly don't really mind it either way.

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, 07:31:54 am »
Does that mean that you also don't like males rping female characters?

What do you mean by "biased vibe"?

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2011, 01:55:41 pm »
In my opinion, females tend to show a biased vibe of the male gender in general when they rp as a male character. That said, I personally prefer that they stick to their gender.

But that's just my preference, I honestly don't really mind it either way.

Assuming that by "biased vibe", you mean "stereotype" - I disagree. It's only those who haven't full worked-out kinks in their male OC's that do that.

I, myself, have a few main males that I play as, apart from my main females. I don't go around looking for mates when I'm a dude, but if it happens it happens. I try to keep my male chars away from stereotyping "ALPHA TOUGH DUDE RAAWWRGGGHH NO EMOTIONS RAGE TESTOSTERONE I NEED A MATE BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT GUYS DO LIHGIUEKHGJKSE STEAK" as much as possible - again, assuming that's what you meant. My males range from megalomaniac and posh; to brain-damaged and delirious; to a young reluctant leader - and a few other personas. You can't say that those are particularly common personalities, either.
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline Reckoning

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2011, 02:21:26 pm »
Seems like everyone agrees.  It's a game.  A game where you role-play.  If you wanted to just be yourself all the time you wouldn't be playing a game.  Lol

I'm A-to-the-OK with cross-gender role-players.  Hell, I support it for that matter.  It really shouldn't be a problem as long as your not someone who has issues distinguishing what is real from what is play.

Just as Tripwire put it "get to see how other's view the the gender they are playing as"

Nuzzles all around!!!  Karma +1 ALL ;D

LarkPash

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 03:22:48 pm »
Weird. I am a girl and I prefer roleplaying males. Mostly because well... They are cooler. Male lions get manes. And I can drool over my own cherries I make and think they are hot...

Ok. On a serious note I just prefer males. I have just as many females but they always come off as wimpy and such. I dunno.

Offline Reckoning

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 04:32:12 pm »
Weird. I am a girl and I prefer roleplaying males. Mostly because well... They are cooler. Male lions get manes. And I can drool over my own cherries I make and think they are hot...

Ok. On a serious note I just prefer males. I have just as many females but they always come off as wimpy and such. I dunno.

Lol drooling over your own charries!  XD
I stick with my gender cause when I am female, the males tend to annoy me.
Are you Lauren?

Offline Halopromise

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • [Insert witty text here] <3
    • View Profile
    • Twisted Fury Pack Reborn
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 07:00:20 pm »
90% of my characters are males, I am a female in real life. I just happen to role play them better at times. No one has complained or even made a slight issue of it with me. I've seen it happen before though. Mainly when a male plays female for some reason.
I just say role play who ever you flipping feel like. XD
Halo ~ Queen and creator of Twisted Fury Pack Reborn.

http://TwistedFurypackreborn.wetpaint.com/
- All animal RPG | Over 2000 members | post - apocalyptic | Fantasy

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2011, 01:46:48 am »
  I feel like making a parody thread, but I have no clue where it would go XD Not making fun of the thread just showing how ridiculous it is to care if the person behind teh screen is not the same gender as the character

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 02:20:25 am »
I find it amusing that person didn't reply to my comment if the roles were reversed |D

I try not to find my OCs "hot" I think it's strange to find them so. I don't know why I think that but I do xD.  I'd also feel self-centred if I found, and said my OCs were gods gift to the male gender.