Poll

What do you think of cross-gender RPers? (Guys that rp as girls, and girls that rp as guys.)

Totally acceptable.
I'm one of 'em!
They make me uncomfortable when I find out they're not their character's gender.
They should stick to rping their IRL gender!

Author Topic: Your Opinion on Cross-gender RPers?  (Read 23208 times)

Offline Iceheart12

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Your Opinion on Cross-gender RPers?
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2011, 01:37:35 pm »
I can't believe some people actually have a problem with this. I have 2 male characters which I use often and 3 female which I tend to stay away from. I'm a female IRL and have also been kicked out of an RP or been ditched by my mate entirely for this a couple of times, and I wish it would just stop. Like some people said earlier, it's like JK Rowling or some other author having to write as if they are the gender that they really are. It really annoys me and I'm glad someone made a thread about it so I can just ramble on about it and get all this frustration out of me.

Rant. Over.

Bye people :)

Offline Gypsy Soul

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Look. At. The. Dancing. Hedgehog. Isn't he cute!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2011, 01:47:53 pm »
I think it's stupid to get so worked up about this. The only time i've ever taken an issue with it is when i had a male, who i later found out was a female irl try to hit on me. I personally only rp as females because that's what i'm comfortable with, but if someone wants to play as the other gender, and can pull it off, more power to them.

Inusui

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2011, 03:25:48 am »
People get worked up over this? Really? <_>
Most of my main Oc's are male and no one seems to get freaked out when they find out i'm a girl.... :1

CrystalSprint

« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2011, 12:02:37 am »
I made a poll that has somewhat to do with this subject, and It would be interesting for me to analyze the results. http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=13784.0

Offline DimensionGal

• The Poison Dragon's Tainted Lily
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 80
  • aka Kerrigan the Mapmaker
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant Art page
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2011, 04:38:43 am »
3 people have since voted for IRL gender, and 4 have voted that it makes them feel weird.

So, about 7 to 95.
?Mapmaker serving 16,700+ Feral Heart users?

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2011, 05:27:09 am »
Yeah, I never expected that people who felt that way would be on the forum considering all the RP here, and I have NEVER seen anyone have an issue with it on teh forum before... I thought those here on teh forum were RP friendly and such.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2011, 12:26:34 am »
Okay, should I be concerned about this?
Now, I do know everyone as their own opinion, so should I care if some people prefer to roleplay as characters of their own gender?

Nope. Nor should people care if others prefer to roleplay as a character not their own gender.
Honestly, it's a game, for crape's sake.
And just as stated before, saying that people should only play characters their own gender is like saying people should only play as actual people.

Wait, what?

Now then, I don't care if someone prefers to play characters their own gender, what gets on my mind is when people don't respect other peoples' opinions and choices, and thus kick them out of the group because theirs aren't the same. That's total discrimination right there. :/

And don't get me started on that conversation, either.
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Moclam

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2011, 06:16:10 am »
Okay, should I be concerned about this?
Now, I do know everyone as their own opinion, so should I care if some people prefer to roleplay as characters of their own gender?

Nope. Nor should people care if others prefer to roleplay as a character not their own gender.
Honestly, it's a game, for crape's sake.
And just as stated before, saying that people should only play characters their own gender is like saying people should only play as actual people.

Wait, what?

Now then, I don't care if someone prefers to play characters their own gender, what gets on my mind is when people don't respect other peoples' opinions and choices, and thus kick them out of the group because theirs aren't the same. That's total discrimination right there. :/

And don't get me started on that conversation, either.

Props to you my dear.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2011, 11:40:52 am »
It's completely and utterly acceptable in my eyes, it's a game where you can make different characters, that's the whole point.

And people are missing it.

BouncyLion1

« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2011, 06:05:25 pm »
I'm really new here,but I think it's okay to have a male character if your a female or a female character if your a guy.
There's nothing wrong with that :/