Author Topic: The Meerkats of the Plains  (Read 72703 times)

Offline Celeyan

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
  • ?? f?????? ?????'? ??f?? ??
    • View Profile
Re: The Meerkats of the Plains
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2011, 01:31:32 pm »
Salahari ran across the plains, but stopped when she reached the hunting grounds. She nodded at the two males before she quickly started to dig and find food.

Offline Taakah

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2011, 01:48:19 pm »
Nodding, Veen padded to a nearby bush, and tore into the sand. He pulled up a large beetle, and munched it happily. Digging deeper, he suddenly scraped something white. Sniffing, he stopped. Could it be? Digging further, he realized...It was! Coming out from the hole, he shook, then 'Meeped' for Salahari to come over. He went back down, pulling out a turtle egg. Dropping it infront of her, he motioned for her to taste it. Pulling out one for himself, he broke it open- yellow yolk. Lapping it up, he churred.

Offline Celeyan

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2011, 02:14:57 pm »
She padded towards Veen and she smiled at what he found. The she kat moved towards the egg and broke it also and began to lap it up. After eating hers, she smiled at him and groomed him thoughtfully in a thank you.

Offline Taakah

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2011, 03:22:44 pm »
He churred, grooming her neck. Finding a tick, he snapped it off. "There's more," he peeped, going back into the hole. He dug them out, leaving four to hatch. "We should bring theese back for the others."

Offline MeerkatStar

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • You can be your own spotlight?
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Account :3
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2011, 03:39:24 pm »
He stared at the two meerkats as they happily dug into the eggs and groomed eachother. A growl rose in his throat but then he stopped himself and went behind a rock and surpressed a few tears they splashed onto the ground and made little marks. He covered them up and tryed to make his face dry. He hoped Salahari and Veen hadn't relized what he had done. He disided to scent mark a few bushes and rocks to make his point then went off alone and dug in a few places and found a scorpion. He quickly ate it in a few bites and carried on in the opposite direction to the burrow, little did he know that he was heading straight for a cape cobra nest:

Offline Taakah

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2011, 04:34:50 pm »
(owo Don't kill/hurt him! Holly might have a crush on Kolo D:)

Meanwhile, Holly grommed her back. She turned, watching the pup. How she wished she could have her own....Grunting, she scratched lines in the dirt, and sighed.

Offline MeerkatStar

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2011, 06:23:52 pm »
(hmm i would never get a charcter killed but if Holly and Kolo fell in love they would be in trouble with Salahari as the domanant female owns strict breeding writes and may evict Holly.  :'()

As Kolo walked blindly towards the snake he forgot that no one was keeping guard over him and when he looked around he suddenly saw the snake, he was going to call Salahari and Veen to help him but he loved Salahari and he didn't want her to get hert. He started spitting at the snake telling him to shove off. The snake stricked at him but he was to fast for it and he jumped back, he was about to bite its tail but it suddenly struck on his paw. He squealed and fell down but determined for the snake not to get any members of his clan he struggled on and continued to show his teeth at the snake. The snake thought more of it and left, leaving Kolo for dead. Kolo flopped down still trying to get up and show Salahari and Veen that he was strong but he couldn't, he saw a vulture in the distance. He knew it would pick off the leftovers of him. He struggled towards a bolt hole but he couldn't reach it, he suddenly felt all dizzy and passed out.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:56:20 pm by MeerkatMeg »

Offline Celeyan

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2011, 07:40:11 pm »
Salahari heard hissing and she bolted towards Kolo. "KOLO!" She screamed at the meerkat and lunged towards him, the vulture flew overhead, snapping at her body to try and get her off. A smack of her paw sent the scavenger flying away though. She saw the snake going away and she let loose low growling noises. It hissed at it her and charged, she did the same. It lunged, but she dodged and tackled it. It swerved around and attempted to nip at her paw but she jumped again. Her teeth sunk into what she supposed was the bottom of the snake and threw it. The she kat padded back towards Kolo and nuzzled his fur, but then she looked at his bite wound and began to suck on it, attempting to remove the venom. She then lay sprawled out on the ground, nibbling on his fur as if she was saying: Don't die, Don't die, Don't Die, Don't die!

(Imma try that too :3)

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100426100128/meerkats/images/thumb/b/b9/Alonzo_Mourning1.jpg/148px-Alonzo_Mourning1.jpg

Offline Taakah

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2011, 07:46:08 pm »
Veen, hearing the action, came racing over. As Salahari had her back turned, the snake was slithering up to bite her, but veen darted foreward. He chomped onto it's head, and tore it off. Panting, he looked at it, then slowly padded over to them. "Kolo..." he trailed, sitting next to him. "I know how to fix it. It's gonna hurt a little. Will you let me fix you?" he churred.

Offline MeerkatStar

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2011, 07:55:42 am »
"Salahari" he wheezed. He felt strength from the she-kat and he got up slowly. "i'm ok" he peeped "it was only a small bite". He gathered all his strength and limped towards the burrow. On the way there he whispered to the 2 meerkats. "thank you for coming, i thought you were happy together....without me, i shouldn't of gone off alone" he nuzzled both Veen and Salahari then carried on towards the burrow.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:53:06 pm by MeerkatMeg »