Author Topic: |Exsilium| (open/accepting) (needs males)  (Read 21136 times)

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
Re: |Exsilium| (open/accepting)
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2011, 02:07:49 am »
Me, too xP  Can't stand rping with illiterate people.  Makes me wanna bash my head into a wall.

I would be happy to make another male, except that if we take this in-game, obviously that wouldn't work out too well.
Guess that brings me to another question for all of you, then: would you like this to be an in-game thing once the server gets up and running, or just forum-based?
In-game I am NuclearParadox.

Offline Electricfish

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • If I get sick, take me to Dr. House. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2011, 02:20:24 am »
I would LOVE to do this in-game. :D Well... I would acually love to do anything in-game, at this point. o.o Anywayz, illiterate rolelayers, ftw. Some person in another rp I'm in posted something like "I jump ovr too the rivur nd drink bfre I go and sleep in a feeld far uhwayand cries WHY DO NOT YU LUV ME FAATHEEERR?!??" Lmao. -insert insta-ban here- No. Just, no. I mean, a few spelling mistakes are okay, but that... -shudders-

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2011, 02:31:48 am »
If we do end up taking the rp in-game, I'd have to hire a mapmaker, because I am horrible at those things >_>  Not sure how I'd want the setting to be.  Frankly, when I envision my plague-ridden world, it isn't some lush green place with waterfalls.

That...Yeah, wow, that is definitely an insta-ban.  Besides illiteracy, I also have a huge problem with Mary-Sues x_x  I've seen too many.

Twiliac

« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2011, 02:35:28 am »
Hm, I'd say rp in game Paradox. And keep updates of what has happened in the plot so far here. So all know where we stand, what has happened..ect. xd.

/Finished making a hyena clan.

Offline Electricfish

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2011, 02:46:18 am »
I've been imagining somethin' like teh Outlands from TLK, but, meh, that's just me, I suppose. It would be pretty unoriginal. I've been wanting to try to make a map for a bit, but I had no idea what to make. xD I might try to make a map eventually, but Im pretty sure I'll fail at it.

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2011, 02:51:30 am »
What's funny is that in all other rps I've made, there was always an updates section...This is the first time I've forgotten one xD;;  And in a plague-based rp, no less.  I suppose it could theoretically go with the forms/laws, though it might be a bit crowded.

Oh, and just a heads-up: I intended for this to be forum-based from the start, at least partially.  I just wasn't sure whether or not you'd all want to do both.

*waves flag around like a madwoman* COME JOIN US, PEOPLE! 8D

In terms of the setting, it wouldn't be swampy like the Outlands.  More like dark skies, nothing brightly colored, no wildlife, lots of dead plants, things like that.

Twiliac

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2011, 02:53:51 am »
xd, sounds like a waste land to me :3. Well, I dislike forum rping, but I'm finding my self doing it more and more..so eh xd. Also, looks like it can go under 'Our Enemies'.

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2011, 03:01:56 am »
Actually, I originally wanted the setting/plot to be post-apocalypse based because I'm totally obsessed with those situations, but thought it would work better if the world was still alive.  Wasteland about sums it up, though.

Forum-based rping is the only rping for me.  I've done an in-game kind of thing before, with a different game, and found it rather difficult because I hated acting out actions or just typing them with asterisks.  It was too restricting xP

Offline Electricfish

• Dedicated Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2011, 03:06:53 am »
Hurr. I'm not too big of a fan of forum rps, but it too am finding myself in lots of 'em. I like more of a live chat thingeh, and I guess that's because I started rping in wolf packs on wetpaint sites in 99chats and chatango, so. And, we could just sit around in a map and just type our rp out.. 'n stuff. Just because I like rping quickly.... sorta.

Offline NuclearParadox

• Experienced Traveler
  • The Critic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2011, 03:21:05 am »
Live chats and such have their benefits in terms of being faster, but I prefer being able to think out my post, write it, maybe add a couple things I think would make it better, stuff like that.  It's more like writing a story with another person/other people that way IMO.
And I got started with rping a few years ago on a pet site.  Right now I hang around an adoptables website for rping; probably can't tell you what they are specifically, because I think that's advertising or something.  Still trying to figure out if I'll like this place or not.  After all, the writing competition has a rule that the entry must be rated G >_>  I cannot decently write rated G material.