Author Topic: hunting updates  (Read 30437 times)

FoxfangPitbull

Re: hunting updates
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2011, 10:01:08 am »
Toboe has the idea. I quite like that.
But maybe abilities could be levelled, like the effectiveness of a certain attack, not the character itself...

Offline dragoness123

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -7
  • RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2011, 09:58:43 pm »
OMG i want prey so badly lol i want to hunt in the game and i cant wait for the fighting to come out eiter xD
Draw me like one of your french girls. ;)

Offline VelociraptorGirl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Fight for what's right[i]![/i]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2011, 05:17:14 pm »
WQ is an AWFUL example, In my mind at least. The game is sopposed to be realstic, yet a lone wolf can take out a bull, and or cow, plus to me it gets quite boring as the prey animal's AI sucks. (dun take my word as fact please lol, this is just what I think!)

from watching IT videos on youtube, I like that style a tad bit, but I think it will be much, much better in H if hunting and what not is added. As long as I can kill it, and it fights back, I'll be a happy Wudiin
You're making it seem like it's easy to do that. However, if you try to kill an elk by yourself, you will die. It is impossible to kill an elk by yourself unless you either have help or eat from a carcass halfway through. I agree the Artificial Intelligence needs polishing, but they are working on that in the new updates of the game.

Hiccupby

« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2011, 02:33:36 am »
wow-all of these ideas are GREAT so far! I think that an optioned hunting is a MUST- and when rping you could perhaps have a setting so that the animals are still there to hunt you just dont have health (it's funner to rp when you have the visuals to go with) I also enjoy the idea of items- but those should come later when FH is super hacker resistant or it should be a system that people dont feel like they need to hack to enjoy. I'm stoked for the fighting XD. But so long as some hunting is added and its awesome then I'm good- I agree with the no-leveling policy- it is WAY too competetive and would ruin the magic of simply rping to our hearts content
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 02:35:27 am by Higby »

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #74 on: March 27, 2011, 05:28:48 pm »
WQ is an AWFUL example, In my mind at least. The game is sopposed to be realstic, yet a lone wolf can take out a bull, and or cow, plus to me it gets quite boring as the prey animal's AI sucks. (dun take my word as fact please lol, this is just what I think!)

from watching IT videos on youtube, I like that style a tad bit, but I think it will be much, much better in H if hunting and what not is added. As long as I can kill it, and it fights back, I'll be a happy Wudiin
You're making it seem like it's easy to do that. However, if you try to kill an elk by yourself, you will die. It is impossible to kill an elk by yourself unless you either have help or eat from a carcass halfway through. I agree the Artificial Intelligence needs polishing, but they are working on that in the new updates of the game.
(It is just possible,if the COW elk was extreamly or very ill or old.)
Hunting would be an exiting option, I've had a lot of experiences where me and my group would have to go prey on an afk player, most likely a character who had stripes like a Zebra. I would thurughly enjoy this additon!
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline spiritfang11

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2011, 02:33:09 pm »
?

My DA-TigersDoRoar| My Fursona-Kivuli ___________________________________________  ?

Offline Aragami

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Aragami - God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2011, 09:48:33 pm »
I agree with Spiritfng now lol, but what about SMALL felines and canines? Like them being cubs/pups, its not realistic if they kill the big prey, they could kill rabbits, mice, squirrels, anything else small, we don't want small cubs/pups taking down bears, hawks, giraffes, elephants, elk, carabou, etc.
New name from Deathscar23 to Aragami!

Werebereus

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2011, 06:07:06 pm »
i've actually a fairly different idea of how hunting or any sort of fighting will be like, but i'll prolly open it to discussion before implementing it :'D
basically i thought of putting together features of games that i liked, namely:
Skill system from Guildwars (and the pretty icons), Skill creativity in DoTA, teamwork + survival concept from L4D, 3D realtime battlestyle from Kingdom Hearts.
But those will naturally make hunting seem more like fighting than actual hunting.
Still, i thought it might be fun, so maybe we can have several different zones that allow different activities.
Just thinking aloud C:

Well if you DO impliment it, I think the L4D feature should be edited a bit. In L4D teamwork is essential for survival. But lions/wolves, namely rouges, can live on their own. Teamwork shouldn't be needed for hunting, but if you and another rogue/your pride members decide to hunt together it should be alot  easier than when you're alone.

The more usccessful you hunts, the better a hunter you become. Smaller prey shouldn't require teamwork, each animal should have a limit on how many lions/wolves can jump on it.(i.e a Gazelle should be limited two one or two lions but an elephant should be able to allow 10-20 lions.) Other players/predators should be able to steal you're prey if you're are unable to protect it. Each animal should fight back against the attackers but the likelihood should vary.(i.e a Gazelle may just try and get away but a hartebeest, wildebeest, water buffalo, or Elephant will probably try to hit you back or stampede on you) When watching lions and other predators hunt, large prey has been know to chase off the attackers or band together anf force them back.

For each animal killed experiance is gained and one of the following categories should b edited:
Speed
Power(When you actually catch up to your prey. You should be able to tackle it to the ground or drag it)
Stealth
Cling(decreases the likelihood of you falling off your prey)
Hold(Prey still fights while on the ground and CAN get away from you)
Endurance(If you're prey turns and fights back can you take a hit? And how long can you run for when hunting?)
Bravery(Lions will run from hostile prey, especially when alone. This shouldn't be optional. If you're low on Endurance, Power, and Health you should immediately run away,(Though you're speed would determine if you can actually GET away).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 06:09:19 pm by Werebereus »

Offline Emberflame

• Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 27
    • WatcherMagic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2011, 09:41:13 pm »
I agree with Spiritfng now lol, but what about SMALL felines and canines? Like them being cubs/pups, its not realistic if they kill the big prey, they could kill rabbits, mice, squirrels, anything else small, we don't want small cubs/pups taking down bears, hawks, giraffes, elephants, elk, carabou, etc.

Nah, not the small cat thing. most of my charries are small, and I want to hunt LARGE prey! :)
The only other thing I disagree with is the stanima thing. Its a good idea and all, but I prefer being able to run without stopping.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:43:02 pm by Firespirit »

Hiccupby

« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2011, 10:17:36 pm »
yes - I totally agree that getting a hacker-proof system in place is a first priority over hunting