Author Topic: FeralHeart Won't Even Start?  (Read 4086 times)

Offline LadeVenom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • uwu
    • View Profile
FeralHeart Won't Even Start?
« on: December 17, 2011, 04:00:21 am »
Hello there. I seem to be having an issue with FeralHeart recently. And yes, I know many other people have been having problems after the new patch, but I can't find one excatly like mine, therefore I cannot find a solution. I was wondering if someone could help me please. :3
Well, after I downloaded the patch, I saw in made another FeralHeart folder inside the original FeralHeart folder. Obviously, that's not how it's suppost to work lol. So, I downloaded the patch again, this time making it replace the original. I clicked on the icon, but it came up with a "FeralHeart was stopped working" message. Now I deleted, not uninstalled, mind you, just in case uninstalling it would also delete my screenshots and presets stashed away in a different folder for the time, FeralHeart and then reinstalled it. I thought that would fix it since the download includes the new patch. But, it still won't start. And I'm not talking about crashing after the logos, title screen, or character selection, it won't even load the game at all. But, it does load the screen where all the settings are, you know what I mean? Like where you can choose your rendering subsystem. Oh, another I noticed is that I only have one option for my rendering subsystem now. I'm missing the one I used to run the game on.

Well, help would be much obliged. :3 And sorry I talk so much. xD

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: FeralHeart Won't Even Start?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 11:34:44 am »
I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to help you right now.

But if you have screenshots and presets you want to save, just copy the presets folder and screenshots folder onto your desktop as you remove the rest of the content if not ALL from C:\Feralheart.

This way you can just paste them right back in as you installed the game again.

on a 2nd note, the patcher is a patch and requires the game installed to work, the game installer from this site doesn't require that since it's the whole thing. Just keep in mind that if you download the patch, you MUST install it as well, it works the very same as the original game installer.

The exe file is useless if you just put it inside the FH folder you need to run it so it installs all the content, you must also make sure it installs the content to the feralheart directory which on standard should be C:\FeralHeart.

So make backups of your wanted things, remove the feralheart game folder in C:
Then reinstall the whole thing with a working installer.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline LadeVenom

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • uwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 02:11:50 am »
Thanks, Red! Actually, all I had to do was right click on the application and click "run as administrator" lol.
Oh, and Merry almost Christmas lol. 'xD

<3

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 09:51:38 am »
Well this is odd, cause some can't play because of the config files and dlls they are missing, but maybe it's as simple for some if they run it as administrator?

I'd pewp bricks if the solution actually was something derp like that.

Glad it works for you now though.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline myimyi

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 06:23:28 pm »
same here! but i can get to the logos but everytime it gets to the log in it says not responding! >:( AND before the patch it was fine!!!! >:(very rarely i would get to the character selection but when i try to play it says bad token then after bad token the screen will just go black and say not responding! >:(PLEASE HELP ME!

Offline Ktnina2

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Hi ;p
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 09:11:31 pm »
I have this problem from time to time, and this is what I do.. I simply restart my computer, and if that dose not work I just wait a day without playing and it's fine :3

scarletalpha

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 07:39:27 pm »
feral heart help needed!! I downloaded feral heart, my friend let me play on her computer, now i donwloaded it on mine and it wont log me in because i am apparently missing a file!! so i downloaded the patch, and re installed it!! still no work. help!!

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 08:31:21 pm »
feral heart help needed!! I downloaded feral heart, my friend let me play on her computer, now i donwloaded it on mine and it wont log me in because i am apparently missing a file!! so i downloaded the patch, and re installed it!! still no work. help!!

You won't be able to play until the 31st due to rule enforcement. Read the big writing at the top.
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE