Author Topic: Keep Crashing When FH opens D:  (Read 4978 times)

Offline Lioness Heart

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Hmm...?
    • View Profile
Re: Keep Crashing When FH opens D:
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2011, 06:17:00 pm »
It do same to me too!  :o I have Windows 7 Home Premium acer laptop. Well, actually it crash immediately. It not open, only crash.

Everytime When I Open Feral Heart it does this i tried re-installing. i have a windows 7 toshiba laptop. i cant even get to the title screen without the message HELP PLEASE!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:37:50 pm by Lioness Heart »

If life kick you, kick it back! ;D

Lone-Wolf

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2011, 07:55:36 pm »
thats sorta happening to me, but I can't even get to the character page. I click login and it goes through the 'Login Accepted' and the 'Connecting to Front Server' then 'Loading' and then the 'Feralheart.exe has stopped working'

Offline AirWolf

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Whatever I say, in-game or here, don't trust it.
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2011, 08:42:20 pm »
My one crashes EVERYTIME, when i start it, i have a good computer (not laptop) and before it was ok, but after patch it gone. I reinstalled game and it was going for two days, then again, i compeletly deleted my FH and reinstalled. Still same and im still reinstalling, now its about twentieth time.
DeviantArt: wolfcost.deviantart.com
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wolfcost

Wolfsoul143

« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2011, 09:34:04 pm »
OMG i am having the exact same problem, i have Windows XP. I cant even go to logg in page. As soon as i press the icon it does that! I have busness on there! i have so much to do! D: ive unistalled and reinstalled like 20+ times no joke, When i try to delete the it says "The action can't be completed because the folder or the file is open in another program" D:. Ill be investigating it to see if i can find the problem and how to solve it! im so glad i came on here and saw this! :I

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 12:08:29 am »
One issue I see in this whole thing is  that some here do get this crash for different reasons, and somtimes at different times so just tracking down whos' getting it from what is very hard, especially if the few that actually manages to sort it out for themselves, I haven't snatched up their solution.

So far I've noticed it can be many things, and sometimes noone of them work aswell, just keep in mind that the crash I talk about now, as in just launching the game, is not the same as crashes you sometimes get inside the game after playing a while, or possibly after editing a character or map. Just plain out crashes without no luck of even playing.

Potential things it can be so far is things like a user running with water reflections on, wrong rendering mode that doesn't work properly or any other ingame setting

Another thing it can be is because you are installing FH, or the FH patch with a broken installer that you got, and you never get all the content into your game directory that you need in order to play, in this case, a complete removal of FH, and the download of the FH game installer by torrent should sort this.

Possibly that the user put into custom objects and meshes even maps that doesn't work well after the patch. I know for certain "some" users had issues with objects and meshes, if you'd reinstall the game after removing the  C:\FeralHeart folder without adding custom things into the game, you should be fine if that was the cause.

Yet Another thing it can be is that it requires a screen driver update, but that should be fairly uncommon, but the chance can still be there.

It can even be something else that users are not even able to sort, even though it should work since a lot of users already play the game fine, or even 2 or more alternatives that's listed above. This is just plain out things it can be and as you can see it's easy to mix things up, especially when users sometimes mix their issues together with others since it was "crashing", but it could be crashing from different things. It could be crashes at the game startup, it can be crashes at the character selection screen, it can be crashes after some time of playing or in the map maker.

The only thing I can say is really the ones I listed above, and that if you do it all correctly, it could be something in the game that was changed and needs fixing, and hopefully gets it in the future. The game did go through an update of the ogre engine it's running though, so it might explain why some users get errors.

This is somewhat of an underground game still, the game got a patch for the first time in several months, and things within the game were updated and changed that could cause instability so some trail and error is most likely needed, and this doesn't look like a simple "press one button to fix" issue. As mentioned, it can be many things and if this is a major ingame bug that does cause this I really hope it's going to get sorted, but so far I've gotten mixed images about what it can be, and I cannot say for certain what to do or what there is to blame.

Hope this was informing in some way.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline silver_wolf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 10:23:09 am »
it only happens to me when i go into fluorite...

Offline bkat petz

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 10:31:29 am »
Gaaah! I have this problem!

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 01:34:18 pm »
Quote from: Sarah  link=topic=15208.msg207573#msg207573 date=1324549389
it only happens to me when i go into fluorite...

And you see, this crash wouldn't be related to some of the crashes listed. If this is a crash that happens to 1 certain map, but characters work in other maps we got a new situation and the server should just need a reboot and it should work again I think.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

The Lynx Jenna

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 05:54:09 pm »
all right guys. i managed to figure this out on my own. Save All backup files in your documents folder. uninstall,Delete, and rid files. install the patch, and put your files back. it worked for me Hope You Guys CAN Try It And Fix your problems.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 05:56:46 pm by Lynx Jenna »

Offline spyro27

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 03:56:51 pm »
It's different, Jenna. You've probably got a different crash report. But if it worked for you, congrats.
Thanks Red, though I can't really do much myself. I guess I just have problems because of one of the user created models, like you said. Oh well.