Poll

If you were KovuLKD, looking at the current poll for wings (more than 1/3 said no), will you add wings to FH?

Yes
122 (66.3%)
No
62 (33.7%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author Topic: Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?  (Read 20086 times)

Toru

Re: Help KovuLKD: Wings or not?
« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2011, 11:06:50 pm »
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:10:56 pm by Toru »

JazzForLife

« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2011, 12:25:13 am »
I'd have to agee with Ringo.

There are pros and cons, as people have stated, for both sides. It'll just be another thing to fight over. I've heard opinions from both sides; some people saying they'll quit the game if wings are added and others would rejoice if they are added. I really wouldn't mind either way. Except for exploring maps, it would ruin the fun if you could fly up to stuff that you're supposed to jump up to. It's not that bad, just not as fun. I could say it would increase god modding by being able to fly away, but lets face it, god modding isn't going anywhere. I'd have to say no.

But it would let you make some awesome presets.

Offline WarriorMoo

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Love and Bazookas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2011, 01:41:41 am »
Oh, this seems like a great topic to debate.
I'mma just put a few easy solutions here, or why I agree with the addition of wings and flight.

This is gonna be juicy!~
Oh, and forgive me if I offend anyone or anything. This is all based off my opinion and solution strategy, so don't take it personally. :)
Anyways,
I'm pretty glad that Kov here is actually taking the time to see our opinions for a final decision. Wings or no wings?
Thanks, Kov :)

Now then, allow me to explain the situation. Wings were something that we had VERY early in Impressive Title,
and I'm talking EARLY.
Before we had hunting, markings, items, moonwalks, even before usernames.
And nobody had a problem with that.
Now, I do understand that FeralHeart, successor of Impressive Title, has been out for a year now, and still does not have wings.

I guess what I don't understand the what the big deal is over adding wings to FeralHeart when Impressive Title had them since...Summer of 2008? (Granted IT came out around the same time.)
People say it makes trolls get away easier.
Simple, just snap a screenshot with the Print Screen button and report them on the forum before they hightail it outta there. :)

Others say it will be hard to find realistic roleplays.
I'm afraid that's already out of the question; There is a pleuthora of pink and green lions in Bonfire Island alone.
I'm gonna go with another suggestion here, so don't give me credit for this;
Just give it a trial for a couple days, and see how the players like it?

You never know unless you try. :)

Okay, I have said enough.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Godmodding.
Same with realistic roleplays; that is already, and has always been, out of the question.
Godmodding, unfortenately, was born with roleplaying; and with roleplaying, we've all godmodded atleast ONCE in our experience.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 01:45:33 am by WarriorMoo »
"BAZOOKA!"

^ Sofas are awesome.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2011, 04:45:47 am »
Simple, just snap a screenshot with the Print Screen button and report them on the forum before they hightail it outta there. :)

People actually already have a hard enough time snapping them now. I've gotten a couple where people haven't been able to get screenshots because the other high tailed it out of there.

Others say it will be hard to find realistic roleplays.
I'm afraid that's already out of the question; There is a pleuthora of pink and green lions in Bonfire Island alone.

We mean that there will be an influx of winged RP's, and almost nothing else will be able to be seen. Some of you have pointed out that this will calm down, but if I recall, someone posted earlier explaining that IT has had this issue of mostly winged RP's, and it was out for how long? And that was right at the beginning, people weren't craving wings desperatly. Now that they are begging and complaining, and they finally get it... It will be wingapocalypse. everything will be drowned out with their winged RPs. And I see enough Realistic RP's to know they are around, you just need to search outside of Bonfire, and you can find them. But almost no one will join them once wings come, because they have their  "WINGS!!!!!!1!1!"

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Offline Jitters

• Mutant Turtle
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 146
  • Hero in a Half Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2011, 06:57:47 am »
I wanna bring up a point I've been mulling over since I've seen some of the responses on map exploration.

Many people are saying this will ruin the fun of exploring maps. As a map-maker I decided to ponder this issue a little, on how it would truly effect my maps. After some time and thought I realized that this wouldn't really be a huge disaster for me, but a major advantage. The reason behind this is because I will have to put MORE thought into my maps. How can I make a map both winged and non-winged people will enjoy? Sure people can fly up to high places...but maps are not all about obstacles in the air, or jumping platform to platform. How will wings help a character in an underground maze? If there were underwater secrets, what will wings be helping? If I put a lot of interesting things on the ground, then wings wouldn't help. Sure they can skip any climbing obstacles, get to mountains and such....but they certainly ruin the fun of walking cloud to cloud on a rainbow bridge.

So no, map exploration is not threatened by wings. I'm going to have to say wings would make us all better map makers, better planners.

So as a map maker, I say BRING IT ON!

Offline lol_lions

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • why
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2011, 08:06:45 am »
I would add wings, but have them scale-able, so that you can have tiny wings if you want, and they wont get in the way of your camera angle. Besides, wings are quite helpful, Heres how
1. Able to get in high places.
2. Able to make dragons, but even better.
3. Able to explore your custom map in new ways.
5. Opens up a window of possibilitys, including markings for the wings.
6. more coding pactice!
7.Faster speed, Perhaps?
But heres the cons..
1. Realistic roleplays will be more scarce.
2. Wings getting in the way of camera angles and veiws.
3. People can get up in very hard to see places and do some....Bad things.
4. More sparkledogs and glittercats that we dont really need....
5. Crazy winged mate beggers flying around and harrassing everyone.
6. Trolls using wings to fly high up in the sky so you cant see em.
So, Theres pros and cons, I would say add them, it does add a whole new window to FeralHeart, and, if feralheart doesnt get something big, im afraid everyone will leave to Arokai.

ZombieKitteh

« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2011, 09:58:45 am »
I'm all for wings, it'd make preset making 20% cooler. (Did you see what I did thur? o;) Like everyone has said, you wont ever please everyone and someone will always end up being annoyed in the end.

My only request however is this~ You've fixed a majority of glitches in the game recently. Sure it's alggier and I can't multi-client in both of my roleplays now.. but it's nice not having to remake my 60+ group every few days. You've gotten rid of the biggest glitches, please, please I beg you, don't create anymore. Before releasing them, make sure they work 110% and that the patch wont mess up our FH like the recent one had so many troubles.

So yes if you can garuntee they'll work, wont create major glitches/crashing and make sure the patch is set up correctly, I approve. c:

Offline Xbox

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2011, 10:27:47 am »
I think you should add wings because since Arokai is coming out your gonna lose quite a few players because of the limitations in this game. Why not make a cool place where that 1 3rd of people can hang out and winged wolves and lions aren't allowed to go. I dunno. Just my opinion.

Offline Ramine

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
    • View Profile
    • Ramine on DeviantART
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2011, 09:31:27 pm »
I'd love to fly around and stuff but as Jazzz said, exploring maps wouldn't be that exiting anymore.. D:
Plus the lag and the amount of players quitting, I have plenty of friends who'll leave just because of wings.
It's a shame..
On the other hand, it would bring back a part of Impressive Title. Some are thrilled, others not so much.

I'll be voting no..

Signature by Delay. <3

Offline Slydragon99

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 30
  • am dead
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2011, 10:00:56 pm »
I do belive FH should have wings. The poeple who dont simply want wings have the option to not use them. And heres a question; Would you have different kinds of wings that we could chose from (E.G Dragon, angel, owl, ETC) ? I belive if there are wings the people who dont want wings might want to use them with different options.

Overall it would be a really big improvement for FH. More players and more popularity! But in the end its either your choice, or even the players choice. I hope we can come to a good decision.

~Sly

art by dearhunters on da