Author Topic: More animals? (:  (Read 8990 times)

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
Re: More animals? (:
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2012, 01:12:03 am »
I like the new animals idea, but wouldn't it take up more space on a PC? oAo?

ヌ - ド ル

Offline Windance

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Om nom om om
    • View Profile
    • My Preset Thread
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 06:46:36 am »
I like the new animals idea, but wouldn't it take up more space on a PC? oAo?
Not much at all, that's not the real problem. It's more about the making of the skeleton and the mesh for new animals that would be time-consuming.

L0ner

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 06:50:48 am »
Dragons don't really fit FH anyway, and wouldn't it make the game very laggy in Flourite?

Offline Zaroque

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 388
    • zaroqueart
    • View Profile
    • Zaroque's dA.
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 09:57:52 am »
Dragons don't really fit FH anyway, and wouldn't it make the game very laggy in Flourite?

Dragons will just be like any other character in Fluorite, I would presume.
Since we've gotten the wings, we don't really need characters like dragons or birds, its possible to make them now with just a canine/feline. Imagination. c:
~ Z A R O Q U E ~
jaaaeeger
Art || DoE

Offline Crin

• The Silver-Tongue
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 113
  • The Illuminati Pedro Hat
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 10:04:31 am »
I'm not a big fan on adding new animals to the game. It's not that I don't like the idea, I just think that "feral" would not be relative to horses and dragons and other such things. In my opinion, there is simply something... off with the idea. And I've seen some fabulous presets that do horses and dragons justice.

I don't see why it would. Is a map more laggy when you around a group of felines or a group of wolves? I don't see how this would change if there were dragons added to the game. It's just another charrie around. It's not like adding a multiple meshes that are very massive to a map. The lag wouldn't change, I don't think.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 10:06:08 am by Crin »
Resigned, quit, and basically long gone.

P R I D E <3

Offline Adyrawr

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Just call me Ady.
    • Adyrawr
    • stunlockd
    • Ady
    • Adyrawr
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2012, 01:42:12 pm »
I think it would be a fun idea to have different meshes, just to give the player(s) a bit more room to stretch their imagination. Though it's not likely that the staff will do such a thing, it's a good idea! I do like the idea of having new manes, just to boost it up a bit. Even if it's just a new mane. It's possible to make presets for such matters, as shown several posts before mine.

~But yes indeed it would be interesting to have a 'bit more creativity in character creation, even markings besides markings packs could be a help. But that's just my opinion.

~Silveh

Offline Jackalfur

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 32
  • stay frosty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2012, 03:46:46 pm »
Oh.

ヌ - ド ル

Offline shusuke

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 02:06:01 pm »
It's not hard to model a character or to rig them if one's skilled enough (with enough reference photos, a friend and I can make models between a few hours or a couple of days). The annoying part is animating them.

To put a new species into FeralHeart, all that would need to really be done is to recycle code for the programming part. I mean, there's already flying because of wings, right? It'd be easy as pie to put a dragon or bird in XD

It's the animating/importing part that would take time, as well as texturing and other things.

But either way, even if it took a long time, things that take time seem to be better. If it was really fast then it wouldn't have a good quality, LOL.

I don't really agree with other animals on the game, as it simply doesn't seem to fit very well with FeralHeart as a basic whole, so it's not the amount of work that bothers me personally, but trying to make them fit both in the game society and artistically.

I mean, really, what would a dragon character honestly look like with the art style of FH, anyway? That would always be my first question, because too realistic/too cartoony would clash with the other models.

Offline ElizabethKBlack

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 08:45:52 pm »
I think it has been discussed before, and there wasn't much likelihood that other animals were going to be added. You can though make presets, and do some modifications with the character creator to try to look as much like the desired animal as possible.
I highly doubt other animals will be added so im sorry to say but i dont think horse tails and such will be added.

As Windance said presets is the best way to get different looking animal. Using a transparent code i have made a preset with a dolphin looking tail.

Its actually the normal wolf tail but erased bits created the tail shape.

Do you have the grid thing for this?? :o

Offline Blackeme99

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • My Avatar is My FeralHeart Character Shaden :3
    • View Profile
    • Canines
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 02:31:59 am »
I agree there should be more but I doubt they would ever do it.

In the game, My username is Blackeme99.